Two track disco

dAVe80

OK I'm a bit bored between meetings today. Let's start a new thread...

You're the DJ at the party. The ibuprofen has kicked in, everyone has had a couple of sherries, and it's time to get everyone on the dance floor. 

Tell me what two songs you're playing to get them up? Two songs that are gonna work together, and make it impossible for them not to dance, and keep them there. 

I'll start us off, then let's hear yours? 

• Like 2

Oh I can do loads of these.

This one would be a typical Friday night at Planet X.

Once there were enough people in the club, this one would kick it off, always this one because.... it was the name of the night.

Then depending on our mood, it could have been anything but this would be typical....

I'll think of some others later but none of them would have such a rigid starter

• Like 2

I distinctly remember once doing this

LJMU promoted gig, might have been a Freshers Ball at The Academy (same place as Cream). There were bands on at the start of the event and I was playing records in between. Last band was Bjorn Again and after them it was me in proper Club DJ mode

The DJ's greatest fear in this situation is that everyone either leaves after the band or they all dive straight for the bar.

The band are leaving the stage, the stage lights have gone off and bang....

followed by...

The dancefloor remained chokka until 2am. RREEEEEsult

• Like 2

Saturday Night and Macarena.  In the words of Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan/alleged words of Finance Minister Reinhardt; "I don't like it, but I'll have to go along with it".

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was just thinking what VT needs right now is another thread full of shite music :)

enjoy your Disco I’ll be in the flea pit over the road mosh pitting  to a rock band 

Can anybody else smell Radio 2?

I can definitely smell some Radio 2?

• Haha 3

Â