The Midfield Three

Delphinho123

Kamara with Luiz and Sanson in front of him for me.

Gerrard can't drop McGinn so maybe the best we are going to get is Kamara with Luiz and McGinn in front of him.

I like Ramsey but he struggled in that shape against Bournemouth, got bogged down on the left too much to get touches on the ball, we had no middle which is where he wants to be...

• Like 2

McGinn and Ramsey can't play together its that simple. Ironically its like Gerrard and Lampard all over again for England and one of them needs defensive discipline. Our captain like Gerrard in his playing days that defensive discipline was a weakness

• Like 4

We're sleepwalking into an absolute disaster unless we get this sorted in this transfer window. We absolutely have to sign a more defensive minded, press resistant central midfielder. McGinn and to an extent Ramsey, can not play this role. They both want to push forward.

Why are the club so blind to this issue? The absolute first thing to do is play Luiz as a 6 alongside Kamara to try to sure us up.

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We're sleepwalking into an absolute disaster unless we get this sorted in this transfer window. We absolutely have to sign a more defensive minded, press resistant central midfielder. McGinn and to an extent Ramsey, can not play this role. They both want to push forward.

Why are the club so blind to this issue? The absolute first thing to do is play Luiz as a 6 alongside Kamara to try to sure us up.

The best we have at the minute is Luiz, who can play that #6/8 hybrid role.

Whichever midfield 3 we decide to play, i'd like to see them played on the correct side for them.

I'm sick of McGinn being on the right when he's left footed, and Ramsey being on the the left when he's right footed. 

With McGinn on the right, if Cash bombs forward when McGinn has the ball, he cant find him cos he has to turn back onto his left foot. It's infuriating and I don't understand why we do it. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Our best 3 is 

boubs at 6

doug at defensive 8

john at offensive 8

JJ To replace John sometime soon 

Probably right, but we should be signing someone now to replace McGinn in that system. 

Sanson must be really crap in training. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Probably right, but we should be signing someone now to replace McGinn in that system. 

Sanson must be really crap in training. 

We should, but making him captain and dougs pending new contract, means we are out of the midfield market, as we speak. Let’s hope Man U get desperate and fling us £50m for our captain 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

We should, but making him captain and dougs pending new contract, means we are out of the midfield market, as we speak. Let’s hope Man U get desperate and fling us £50m for our captain 

Seems that way. What a madness. 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Inside track on this potentially happening?

7 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I have a feeling we will see Luiz - Kamara - McGinn on the weekend. Did we have those three together during preseason?

I think they started at Rennes

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Seems that way. What a madness. 

Tbf, I don’t think our problem in midfield is the players individually, it’s their inability to play together in a tactical system crafted by an inexperienced manager.

Both Gerrard (and somewhat Smith too) like villa playing with high wing backs and simultaneously high midfielders. That’s great if they could all string passes together at speed, but they can’t and we lose possession, exposing our thin back line to easy counters.

Frustrating to watch, more so when it’s can be fixed with Boubs and Doug holding back when villa attack.   

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â