The Reinvention of the Offside Law

KentVillan

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Just read it, still an absolute piss take, just admit Moss **** up.

And claiming we benefited from the new rule on Wednesday... NO WE DIDNT!!! 

Christ it’s so infuriating. 

Agreed.

It will never change the City result or remove the feeling of being hard done by. (or that it would have been different if it was a Villa player coming from offside.)

I did have to laugh how they are still trying to show we have been on both sides of the interpretation. Rubbish.

They are just trying to extract themselves from a position they did not need to get themselves into. They could have just have left it with the judgment of the matchday officials but clarified how we have operated for many, many years. I will be interested to see what Dean has to say 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Can we get a link? There are plenty of people in my WhatsApp groups who I'd like to send this to!

same here, will be dining out on this for weeks 

Just now, Follyfoot said:

same here, will be dining out on this for weeks 

Don't worry, the 'you only stayed up because of a bad decision' crowd will be replying to you over and over again, on every single bad decision we get against us.

29 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

All that to cover Moss and his crew. Wouldn't it have just been easier to say they made mistake, give a quick statement about being better in the future and move on. 

Thats it, admits he makes a mistake we get on with it. Not happy but we move on. Protecting this idiot has just made people angry about it

They also said that Watkins goal was fine because Shar was not impeded by Watkins when touching the ball.  So does that mean that if Shar left the cross alone, it would have been an offside?  That makes no sense to me, as it would basically encourage a defender to back-off if he thinks there is an offside.

Anyway - I thought Watkins was onside because he was behind the ball when it was crossed.

To be fair to Moss, it isn't his mistake. His lino has made a mistake, but understandable in the circumstances.

The VAR mistake is poor, but still somewhat understandable.

What is unforgivable is the doubling down, and getting Peter Walton to backtrack on live TV, and then briefing Sky that the same rule had been applied in the Newcastle game, and then this bullshit face saving exercise.

**** pathetic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

🤡

Confirmed we were right all along. Currently posting “shhh” memes and linking that tweet to all the city and Leeds fans who said I was wrong. 

Absolutely livid, we would have got a point from that game. 

Hopefully it makes no odds to our final table position. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Don't worry, the 'you only stayed up because of a bad decision' crowd will be replying to you over and over again, on every single bad decision we get against us.

Even Mr Dyche dragged this up again today in his pre-match prezza. 

That's Deano's team talk sorted then! 

Edited by Kingman

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

All these morons saying but what about the second goal. They do realise that the handball and penalty doesnt happen if the first goal is disallowed. 

We could have lost, drawn or won. We'll never know.

Exactly. Flow of the game would have been completely different.  Same with the GLT in the Sheffield United game that supposedly saved us from relegation.

21 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Just read it, still an absolute piss take, just admit Moss **** up.

And claiming we benefited from the new rule on Wednesday... NO WE DIDNT!!! 

Christ it’s so infuriating. 

What is this madness!  It's like Trump has broken truth in 2021. Does Sky think people are that dumb? It's clear why the Watkins goal stood and it wasn't because of desperate deflection from a Newcastle defender. 

Just admit you got it wrong. Dean is a class manager. He will accept the apology and move on. Enough said. 

• Like 1

Â