The Reinvention of the Offside Law

KentVillan

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Shocker

The language in this tweet is hilarious. "Alter their interpretation..." In other words as many have said on here John Moss screwed up and they still won't admit it 😡

• Like 2

Haha, perfect.

The absolute dickheads.

I wanted the title to be decided on a decision like this. But it wouldn't... because the rule hasn't changed. It never did. For one game, they decided to not flag someone running towards the ball, because it was Man City.

So in summary...the rule is in fact what we all said.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Insanity, truly. The amount of shit we got, Dean, Mings and we were right all along.

They should refund the 8k fine and make a public apology to Smith. Will never happen but stinks to high heaven

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Not that it matters now but I'm still thinking that if they drew the lines on Watkins' goal against Newcastle they would've got his knee offside

image.png.5bbe2997b7d1165b987adb2a3f565fbc.png

It's the end of the ball and your line is in the middle

SkySport news reporting the FA have written to the clubs and referees saying they do not want goals like the Man City goal to stand. No change of rule.

Looks like they are trying to get out of the corner they had painted themselves into by backing Jon Moss. Back to the previous interpretation most of us already used.

Common sense prevails. 

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Not that it matters now but I'm still thinking that if they drew the lines on Watkins' goal against Newcastle they would've got his knee offside

image.png.5bbe2997b7d1165b987adb2a3f565fbc.png

Should be the leading edge of the ball. Why is the line on Targett?

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It's the end of the ball and your line is in the middle

There's still enough off even if the line is moved forward a bit. When they can find a stud offside then a kneecap would work just as well for them.

• Like 1

Any better?

image.thumb.png.eb235f69f82ba947c853345e4ac97156.png

I don't have a proper point of reference for the line in the middle and I think it should even be more of an angle leaving more of Ollie's knee off.

Like I said, it doesn't matter, it's just an interesting thought exercise for me. 

Edited by darrenm

Â