The Reinvention of the Offside Law

KentVillan

It’s the way of the world now isn’t it.

Terms like ‘doubling down’, ‘alternative truths’, ‘fake news’....it’s all just superficial perception now, if you say something enough and ‘own it’ enough idiots will follow and then spread their idiocy to others.

No accountability, no admission, no responsibility, just total and utter meaningless crap, rinse and repeat.

I’m off to look at birds with big boobs on Instagram.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s the way of the world now isn’t it.

Terms like ‘doubling down’, ‘alternative truths’, ‘fake news’....it’s all just superficial perception now, if you say something enough and ‘own it’ enough idiots will follow and then spread their idiocy to others.

No accountability, no admission, no responsibility, just total and utter meaningless crap, rinse and repeat.

I’m off to look at birds with big boobs on Instagram.

Booby bird with boobies : funny

• Haha 4

I was a bit late hearing about this whole twist in the tale, but I can’t remember enjoying 3-4 pages of VillaTalk much more than the ones that have covered it here. Cheers, all! Made me alternately laugh and shout “Exactly!’ for about 20 minutes.

The intellectual and moral bankruptcy of the Premier League and all its media lapdogs laid bare for the whole world to see. Good.  

• Like 2

I saw this little article pop up on my Newnow feed. It made for some entertaining historical reading about changes to the rules over the years.

Stoke aren't bitter

And indeed, the penalty was a new rule by October 24 that year when Stoke had been re-elected into the League and welcomed Villa back to the Vic.

Villa raced into a 3-0 lead but produced a brilliant second-half comeback with goals from Hughie Clifford and Joe Schofield, the England international and Hanley headteacher.

There were just seconds remaining as Stoke cranked up their search for a third when, in a case of déjà vu, a goal-bound shot was handled away.

This time, a penalty was awarded… but the story goes that a Villa player simply picked up the ball and booted it out of the ground towards Stoke town. The referee kept looking at his watch and blew up before it could be returned, telling players “there was not time for it to be taken.” Cheats!

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

So rather than saying they got it wrong they’re making it out like they’ve now changed the rules again 😂 

It’s always been the same, if play is being interfered with the it’s offside. Mings was tackled before he could take control of the ball and therefore it was an offside offence from Rodri. And now they’re saying “that’s how it will be from now on”, as if it wasn’t the case already. These small things are what put me off this disgustingly corrupt sport. 

A team (Man City) has benefited from the previous “rule” so they say, but half way through a season they now change the rules? Might as well start kicking the ball out of the stadium and claiming 6 points seeming as you can just change the rules whenever you want to

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Â