Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

While he may be no world beater, based on what I've seen he's definitely good enough to be involved a lot more than he has been, especially considering the utter tripe our midfield has been delivering until not so long ago.

I genuinely believe that in several games we would've been much better off bringing him on rather than pretending he doesn't exist.

Edited by WooJung
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had some good touches but every time I've seen him he just doesn't seem strong or fast enough. Technical player but unless he got displace Luiz or Kamara - he'd only be on for rotation. Which isn't a bad thing to have considering our injuries!

But I struggle to see him in the wide mid position in the prem but maybe Morgan and Unai will surprise me.

30 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Had some good touches but every time I've seen him he just doesn't seem strong or fast enough. Technical player but unless he got displace Luiz or Kamara - he'd only be on for rotation. Which isn't a bad thing to have considering our injuries!

But I struggle to see him in the wide mid position in the prem but maybe Morgan and Unai will surprise me.

On form I would have him in above bailey, emi b and big phil possibly mcginn aswell

Edited by brummybloke

Watched his movement off the ball last night it wasn’t particularly good . Passing wasn’t brilliant . Showed some good touches and scored a good goal but it was against Stevenage. 
im struggling to see a place for him . 3 managers can’t be wrong , and the agents are not banging the door down for his signature . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Watched his movement off the ball last night it wasn’t particularly good . Passing wasn’t brilliant . Showed some good touches and scored a good goal but it was against Stevenage. 
im struggling to see a place for him . 3 managers can’t be wrong , and the agents are not banging the door down for his signature . 

He stood out for me yesterday in that he spent about 5 seconds at one point fairly early on with his hands spread out wanting the ball - didn't call for it, didn't move and looked frustrated he didn't receive it. There were 2 Stevenage players between Luiz and Bednarek (who were passing the ball between them) and Sanson.

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Only player who actually wanted it more than the other team, 1st game in god knows how many, best player on the pitch and taken off, while leaving Bailey on. Doh

If I hadn't had sex for 2 years of be going at it like a train as well. 

I’m just not seeing Samson playing like some midfield general last night . He did ok scored an ok goal against Stevenage. His movement wasn’t brilliant he got frustrated . He was tidy with the ball but nothing special off the ball his movement was poor. 
I may have nodded off with the boredom or the electric atmosphere. His just average …… 

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I’m just not seeing Samson playing like some midfield general last night . He did ok scored an ok goal against Stevenage. His movement wasn’t brilliant he got frustrated . He was tidy with the ball but nothing special off the ball his movement was poor. 
I may have nodded off with the boredom or the electric atmosphere. His just average …… 

Yea but what about Sanson? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

The guy can't get into a PL match under three different managers but plays well against a League Two side. He must be great!

Shame the others couldn't manage it against a league 2 side aye?

New signing right here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Apart from one shite back pass has Sanson ever really played badly for us? I mean maybe not MOM performances but compared to most of our midfield when called upon he has looked fine, yet never given a run in the team (especially when players like McGinn and even at times Luiz and Nakamba were playing desperately poorly - as a combination).

If he did get a run in the team he may well turn out to be bang average or even crap, or the Bailey/Buendia effect as it's known.

the issue is Sanson is sort of like Villa's equivalent of Schrodinger's cat.

We don't see the reasons why he doesn't get picked, so therefore he is neither rubbish or good, but both at the same time.

Dean and Steve have said he trains well, so what is the unknown factor that keeps him out of the team? I'm bored of speculating.

The endless manager man love for McGinn is just as baffling.

I think the issue is that managers - fairly or unfairly - probably don't rate his pace and strength for the prem and so he's in constant competition for Luiz - who is a mainstay.

I hope he gets a chance under Emery as I think he has looked lightweight but we could certainly use his technicality in some games.

Whether you rate him or not, midfield is looking very crowded.

We're playing mostly 4-4-2 variants right now, so that's one more MF than we used under SG's 4-3-3. Furthermore, MF is always one of the most likely positions for both a tactical sub or a fresh-legs sub, so with the 5-sub rule, I can see using 6 MFs in any given match. That means that probably 8 will be in the picture regularly given injuries, different skill sets, etc.

But we're already there. Kamara, Dougie, JJ, McGinn, Buendia (that's how Unai has been using him), Coutinho (ditto), Donck, Sanson, Naka, Sanson. That's 9. Unai will probably add at least one of his own, so call it 10. And when Tim comes back, make it 11.

Unai has made clear that he likes the Kamara-Dougie pairing (and so do most of us). At the other extreme, Naka is almost certainly out of the picture. So that leaves 7 players fighting for 2 starting spots and 2 likely subs in any given match. I just don't see Sanson becoming more than a fringe player, especially given that Unai's own transfers will have an advantage because they're his players.

• Like 1

Â