Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Lille might buy him to replace the guy they are selling to West Ham. 

Lille are also selling Renato Sanches to PSG so they need midfielders.

On 31/07/2022 at 12:39, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t watch the game but highlights showed the good and bad of Mcginn which was a fanatic cross to Watkins which he just had to score but then also trying to do too much in the middle and losing the ball leading to a break they should have scored from. 

Sanson I hear played well but nothing on highlights so I guess it was just his general play rather than anything significant

There lies a problem in watching games.....its great to see a player , neat and tidy, slick passes and all that, particularly when no opposition is close......but the real measure, has to be, how effective they was?

There has to be end product, where even if a player doesn't score, its clear they are hurting the opposition....and making them uncomfortable

all too often, superlatives are rolled out for passive play and non descript activity, more fitting to friendlies and testimonials......In order to fulfil our lofty ambitions, effective play, has to be the order of the day.

This season, I want to see us, get about opponents, win the initiative and make our presence known....full of running and purpose.....We have the talent, just need to display the application.

• Like 2

My takeaway in the Sanson v McGinn debate, both break the lines, Sanson by playing on the half turn and linking with players around him, McGinn with the “Hollywood” pass with mixed results.

Both can be effective, but Sanson for me should play against teams where dominate possession, he is just tidier in the ball

• Like 4

Just now, MaVilla said:

he was no.8 last year, and didnt get any game time (hardly).

I think he'll get more chances this season based on pre-season where Gerrard played lots of different combinations, i feel that Gerrard will play different midfields depending on our opponents.

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think he'll get more chances this season based on pre-season where Gerrard played lots of different combinations, i feel that Gerrard will play different midfields depending on our opponents.

lets hope so!

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think he should be written off just yet, he hasn’t had the opportunity to show what he can do in the Premier League. When he has actually played, anyone could see that he has ability on the ball

Totally agree - I think there is a player in there, he did well against Man Utd and arguably our best player at wolves. 
with 5 subs this season there is absolutely no way he should be going anywhere imo 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Totally agree - I think there is a player in there, he did well against Man Utd and arguably our best player at wolves. 
with 5 subs this season there is absolutely no way he should be going anywhere imo 

I agree with you, he hasn’t been given a fair crack of the whip for me

• Like 1

Â