Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Gerrard just ruled him out of contention since Man. United error.

He'll have to reconsider that in next few weeks.

Which would be massively hypocritical given the infamous error Gerrard had. I still think something else is happening that we aren’t seeing though.

15 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Which would be massively hypocritical given the infamous error Gerrard had. I still think something else is happening that we aren’t seeing though.

Must be, I mean other players are allowed to make countless errors and keep their place in the starting line up. He had a very good game up until the error against Man Utd.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont get it. Gerrard says positive things about him but doesnt play him. Id be looking for a way out if i was him. Looks like another berson situation 

I wonder what happened to him. I seem to recall he looked a tidy player in the one game he played. Veretout was the same, looked decent but just couldn’t get in the team. 

33 minutes ago, Hamburglar said:

I wonder what happened to him. I seem to recall he looked a tidy player in the one game he played. Veretout was the same, looked decent but just couldn’t get in the team. 

Not even teams that were playing well

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't really get the clamour for Sanson to start. I wouldn't drop any of our CMs for him. But that's because I don't actually think our midfield is to blame.

We actually dominated possession the last 2 games. We're losing because our attack is toothless and our defence can't stop making mistakes. Our midfield is the least of our worries and I don't see the need to be changing it up.

Also I haven't been impressed with more than a single performance of his for us. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hamburglar said:

Think it's just basically Gerrard sees him as alternative to McGinn given his two starts have come with McGinn out with covid and suspended.

Same as under DS, McGinn starts if fit. If Ramsey hadn't played well since turn of the year perhaps he'd have come in alongside McGinn.

Gerrard obviously dosen't feel he can do a job as a DM and I'd agree given he never played for Marseille in that role so it's a case of waiting for one of the regulars to get injured.

On 19/02/2022 at 19:04, rbcuk said:

How he doesn’t start before McGinn I’ll never know, wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to leave come the end of the season

I’d say it’s obvious he’s leaving. Managers don’t want him and I can’t see why he would want to stay. Even more so if Villa eventually buy that midfielder or two.

6 hours ago, Hamburglar said:

The one game he played? People don’t seem to notice him when he’s on the pitch. December to early January he came off the bench in just about every game. Also started against Chelsea. 225 minutes under Gerrard. He didn’t only play against Man U.

This is actually partly why I don’t rate him. At a glance he looks like a player (although a bit mistake prone), but he doesn’t seem to make much difference in games. I struggle to think of positive actions, not necessary goals or assist but maybe a really nice pass or important tackle. I do remember a great through ball in that cup game against Chelsea in September, but not much else.

11 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Must be, I mean other players are allowed to make countless errors and keep their place in the starting line up. He had a very good game up until the error against Man Utd.

I have argued about this before. He made at least three serious errors against Man U, of which one led directly to goal. Check his overall stats from that game, they’re awful.

Sanson actually played a lot better when he started against Chelsea in December, a game noone seems to remember, but the myth he had such a great game before that final error vs Man U is strong.

20 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I have argued about this before. He made at least three serious errors against Man U, of which one led directly to goal. Check his overall stats from that game, they’re awful.

Sanson actually played a lot better when he started against Chelsea in December, a game noone seems to remember, but the myth he had such a great game before that final error vs Man U is strong.

Oh I remember his game vs Chelsea. The 3 in midfield yesterday probably made 3 errors each. 

Â