Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

23 minutes ago, Nicho said:

10lbs lost in 3 weeks, I can’t keep that loss up but feeling good.

Knocked the drinking and takeaways on the head, some intermittent fasting but pretty much just eating very very well.

Daily exercise of either HIIT training or weights alongside the daily 5 miles with the dog.

Another 12lbs or so to go and expecting that to be much harder to lose, be happy to get to that by the end of August. 

Back to the regular running is next but pre season football training starts in 3 weeks.

Thats brilliant well done.

You get to a stage like me when your weight sort of stays the same. Im about 10 stone 12 and im just floating between there and 11 stone 1. Finding it hard to get lower that 10 stone 12. Ideally i want to get down to 10 stone 5.

Ill probably cut my calories down and mYbe do one meal a deal for next 10 weeks see if that helps

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nicho said:

Knocked the drinking and takeaways on the head, some intermittent fasting but pretty much just eating very very well.

Daily exercise of either HIIT training or weights alongside the daily 5 miles with the dog.

Another 12lbs or so to go and expecting that to be much harder to lose, be happy to get to that by the end of August. 

Back to the regular running is next but pre season football training starts in 3 weeks.

Well done mate.  Keep it up.

I’ve been counting calories last three weeks. Not lost any weight but still manage to count them :) 

But on a serious note it’s given me an awareness of what I need to do and how much harder it becomes if you’re not at all active. Also drinking is the big one. So many empty calories!

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/06/2022 at 13:13, Nicho said:

Took another 3 weeks to get to a full stone lost.

Probably showed that the initial 10 was also water weight. As I flatlined at 10 but my body continued to change with what I assume was water going back up and weight continuing to go.

Pre season starts tomorrow….still aiming for 8 lbs more by end of August.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Took another 3 weeks to get to a full stone lost.

Probably showed that the initial 10 was also water weight. As I flatlined at 10 but my body continued to change with what I assume was water going back up and weight continuing to go.

Pre season starts tomorrow….still aiming for 8 lbs more by end of August.

You counting calories or just eating less?

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You counting calories or just eating less?

I never set out to count calories but I suppose I am concious of not going above 2000. Also started to recognise things at say 400 calories that I might have eaten 4 of.

The biggest thing I believe in is exercise specifically HIIT training along side intermittent fasting/fasting from certain things.

Its easy to eat a shit load if you eat regularly throughout the day for the sake of routine. Thinking you’ve been healthy when in fact you’ve still eaten 3500 calories. On the flip side eating less has now just become a routine, I’ll eat at 12 ish and then when I get home from work. Done.

But fasting from certain things (as I’m calling it) is the key, if I buy some biscuits I’ll eat them all. Don’t buy them I won’t eat them. 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

Best advice I can give is to make changes to your lifestyle and routine rather than any period of attempted weight loss and then back to normal.

Walking a lot is an easy one to keep track of and incorporate into a new routine. Have a target per day of steps and a weekly target, make up your shortfall on the weekend.

Diet is another big one. Cooking with fresh ingredients and you can't really go too wrong. If you cut out sugar, again you can't go wrong. Have a limit of 1 take away per week (good for the wallet too). 

Also, the only thing you might want to count is how many beers you have per week. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I never set out to count calories but I suppose I am concious of not going above 2000. Also started to recognise things at say 400 calories that I might have eaten 4 of.

The biggest thing I believe in is exercise specifically HIIT training along side intermittent fasting/fasting from certain things.

Its easy to eat a shit load if you eat regularly throughout the day for the sake of routine. Thinking you’ve been healthy when in fact you’ve still eaten 3500 calories. On the flip side eating less has now just become a routine, I’ll eat at 12 ish and then when I get home from work. Done.

But fasting from certain things (as I’m calling it) is the key, if I buy some biscuits I’ll eat them all. Don’t buy them I won’t eat them. 

My maintenance is about 2200-2400 and it’s surprising how relatively easy it is to hit that number with all the food that is available to us!  Throw a few beers in and you can easily go over it. 

I guess exercise is key to get that number up but it’s so hard to get going. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My maintenance is about 2200-2400 and it’s surprising how relatively easy it is to hit that number with all the food that is available to us!  Throw a few beers in and you can easily go over it. 

I guess exercise is key to get that number up but it’s so hard to get going. 

Yeah beer is massive, also ruins the diet for the next day for me.

As @CVByrne says general routine is key. Behaviours and actions you can actually keep up.

Regarding exercise I didn’t relate to The “Just do it” slogan when I was younger. I do now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Yeah beer is massive, also ruins the diet for the next day for me.

As @CVByrne says general routine is key. Behaviours and actions you can actually keep up.

Regarding exercise I didn’t relate to The “Just do it” slogan when I was younger. I do now. 

To adapt your lifestyle needs patience too, you won't see sudden drops in weight within a few weeks. Your body slowly adapts to the changes over time. 

A good one in relation to beer is to go for a gin and tonic or a vodka and diet coke or wine to replace some beer intake. Those are what is called "empty calories" basically your body will burn off the alcohol as fuel but none of the energy is stored as fat. So it is a big help in "tweaking" your lifestyle. 

Another big thing is to get rid of snacking. I eat 2 or 3 meals a day and never snack. I am hungry when it's lunch or dinner time but that's part of me enjoying my meal then. Often with snacking you  still eat the same sized lunch/dinner so it's just added to it basically.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i have  a suit to fit into for September. It fits as it stands but its border tight/comfortable i wanna be abit more comfortable around the waist.

Ive decided to go OMAD for the whole of August.  Its gonna be tough but im gonna solider it for this next 31 days. Wish me luck !

• Like 2

Had a look at this thread out of curiosity, and now I'm overweight and under-active! I'm 47, 185 lbs and 173cm.  My other half says I'm not overweight but that's not how I see it. I'm in a job where I'm sitting down for 9 hours a day, I drive 13 miles to and from work so walking isn't an option. I do walk the dogs but that's probably only 30 mins maximum a day. Today is the day to change!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Had a look at this thread out of curiosity, and now I'm overweight and under-active! I'm 47, 185 lbs and 173cm.  My other half says I'm not overweight but that's not how I see it. I'm in a job where I'm sitting down for 9 hours a day, I drive 13 miles to and from work so walking isn't an option. I do walk the dogs but that's probably only 30 mins maximum a day. Today is the day to change!

Count your calories. Find out what your maintenance number is, and eat and drink less than that.
judging from the numbers you gave, and activity level.. your maintenance rate is roughly 2000 kcal per day. So consume less than that. You’ll be a coming down from a dubbs to a dubs in no time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Count your calories. Find out what your maintenance number is, and eat and drink less than that.
judging from the numbers you gave, and activity level.. your maintenance rate is roughly 2000 kcal per day. So consume less than that. You’ll be a coming down from a Tubbs to a Dubbs in no time. 

FYFY

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

So hows everyone getting on? Dieting now before crimbo or you gonna just take a hit until the new year?

My bodys gone into some wierd mode. I seem to not put weight on when i have sugary snacks, but if i touch pasta rice bread (the carby stuff) ill put on a couple pounds. Same with fruit like bananas or apples.

But im generally happy as ive kept the weight off . In the space of 12 months gone from a size large to small for jumpers.

Only downside is i have so many clothes that dont fit me now as way too big.

Â