Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

Day two of no chocolate. Yesterday I had headache from what I assume were withdrawals(no joke) I’ve experienced the same before when going cold turkey. The cravings will subside by Thursday I reckon, that’s usually the case after a few days. I’ll try get up gym tomorrow and weigh myself and I bet I’ve lost a few Ibs. Not so much the weight I’m bothered about as I’m not what you’d call overweight but I can’t keep consuming the amount I have been . 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Day two of no chocolate. Yesterday I had headache from what I assume were withdrawals(no joke) I’ve experienced the same before when going cold turkey. The cravings will subside by Thursday I reckon, that’s usually the case after a few days. I’ll try get up gym tomorrow and weigh myself and I bet I’ve lost a few Ibs. Not so much the weight I’m bothered about as I’m not what you’d call overweight but I can’t keep consuming the amount I have been . 

How much was you consuming? One day wouldn't be deemed that bad?

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How much was you consuming? One day wouldn't be deemed that bad?

In the week about 5 bars a day sometimes more , weekends double that. A lot of the time through the night I’d get up for a piss go toilet downstairs then I’d think **** it and have a chocolate bar with a glass of milk as I you can add that to the other stuff .

• Shocked 2

We are working on the outskirts of Leicester and there this awesome farm shop next to the job. Best farm shop I’ve ever been in and it’s torture going in because of their selection of cakes. I’ve just left and bought some reduced meat and got the kids a big slab of millionaire flapjack to share. 

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A mate of mine was forced to give up the booze and now has a chocolate habit, which seems to consist of mostly Double "bloody" Deckers.

I prefer Lindt 99% or the Co-op's 85% dark chocolate and you only need a couple of squares to feel sated.

The only chocolate known to help with weight-loss was Ex-Lax but I believe it has been banned. 😁

44 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

A mate of mine was forced to give up the booze and now has a chocolate habit, which seems to consist of mostly Double "bloody" Deckers.

I prefer Lindt 99% or the Co-op's 85% dark chocolate and you only need a couple of squares to feel sated.

The only chocolate known to help with weight-loss was Ex-Lax but I believe it has been banned. 😁

Im obsessed with the Toblerone truffles at the moment.  Delish

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Well I’ve been off the booze for over two month but I’ve always had a sweet tooth so it’s not that. I like the Lindt chocolate but anything over 70% is not enjoyable but I will say the darker it is the less you feel the need to eat. Co op and Morrisons do some nice home brands as you say.  I’m assuming it had laxatives in it 😆

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Im obsessed with the Toblerone truffles at the moment.  Delish

I have long considered Toblerone to be the dentist's friend.

I do like Swiss chocolate though, and I've always considered Suchard an ideal gift for one's lover, but perhaps I have been pronouncing it wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Years ago our dog somehow managed to get her paws on a whole bar of Ex-Lax and clattered the lot, she was locked in the kitchen with the back door wide open while we waited for the inevitable, poor **** didn't make it outside, luckily the floor in the kitchen was tiled.

My Dad got the job of cleaning the mess up, lets just say it wasn't a hand in a plastic bag job, it was a full on mop and bucket job 🤣 

4 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Years ago our dog somehow managed to get her paws on a whole bar of Ex-Lax and clattered the lot, she was locked in the kitchen with the back door wide open while we waited for the inevitable, poor **** didn't make it outside, luckily the floor in the kitchen was tiled.

My Dad got the job of cleaning the mess up, lets just say it wasn't a hand in a plastic bag job, it was a full on mop and bucket job 🤣 

I've heard similar tales about unfaithful husbands and vengeful wives, or to paraphrase Norman Stanley Fletcher, they were given time in solitary! 🤣

17 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I have long considered Toblerone to be the dentist's friend.

I do like Swiss chocolate though, and I've always considered Suchard an ideal gift for one's lover, but perhaps I have been pronouncing it wrong?

Hahaha agreed. But these truffles as soft and look like the big bars hence why they so good

29 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Certainly is. Knew I’d lost weight on my stomach and got on the scales today and half a stone. I’ll probably end up losing another 7Ibs by next weekend I’d have thought. 

Man i need to try do this for a month at some point

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Man i need to try do this for a month at some point

First few days are hard but it gets easier quickly, but that’s my experience. The longer I do it the easier it would be not to eat chocolate again but that’s not the aim.  I did say a few posts up that every Saturday I’m treating myself to a bar of dark chocolate orange . It’s about massively cutting down. 

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Certainly is. Knew I’d lost weight on my stomach and got on the scales today and half a stone. I’ll probably end up losing another 7Ibs by next weekend I’d have thought. 

Great start, keep it up bud.

Don't get disheartened and quit if the weight loss doesn't continue at this speed. It's likely some of it is initial water weight that you won't be able to sustain (once it's gone, it's gone). Especially as you've drastically reduced the amount of carbs you're eating (think you said 5 to 10 chocolate bars a day so that'd be about 200g of carbs and 1500 to 2000 calories a day less) unless you've swapped another source in to replace. 

Carbs help store water in the muscles so you might also look a bit flat and deflated for a while. It's natural and not long term.

• Like 1

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Great start, keep it up bud.

Don't get disheartened and quit if the weight loss doesn't continue at this speed. It's likely some of it is initial water weight that you won't be able to sustain (once it's gone, it's gone). Especially as you've drastically reduced the amount of carbs you're eating (think you said 5 to 10 chocolate bars a day so that'd be about 200g of carbs and 1500 to 2000 calories a day less) unless you've swapped another source in to replace. 

Carbs help store water in the muscles so you might also look a bit flat and deflated for a while. It's natural and not long term.

I’m not really doing it for weight loss as you wouldn’t look at me and say you need to lose a bit , but I knew my chocolate was way ott .I’m eating how I normally eat just no chocolate. I’ve always thought I probably carry a stone more than I should be purely down to chocolate consumption, so health wise it’s good to cut down.  I don’t do things in moderation regarding stuff I like. I can’t have one pint, it’s got to be at least ten. I can’t open Jaffa cakes and have one, it’s got to be all of them etc etc 

On 12/10/2023 at 14:27, Demitri_C said:

Lee dont forget diet is also very important. Well done for having the motivation to sign up to the gym.

Have you ever tried keto?

I actually looked into the keto stuff, apparently minus bread, sugar and snacks and I was pretty much already on a keto diet lol

Been on it since Sunday and haven't broke it once, I've lost 11lbs in 6 days, bought some piss tests to check the ketones and I'm firmly in the optimal section so I'm doing well man.

Well I was doing well, I'm having a day off today, had a bacon and sausage sarnie for breakfast and I'll be having an indian tonight, I wanna see how much it affects me taking one cheat day.

I'm gunna buy myself a bottle of rum on the way home as well because I can't be necking 6 cans of lager after all I've done last week, I'll be back on the low carb shit from tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I've fell off the wagon this morning and ordered myself a Greggs breakfast, I took @Demitri_C's advice and went on a keto diet, I haven't broke it once in 17 days (aside from my Friday night curry but I've even swapped out the rice and naan so even that isn't too bad)

Since really starting to watch what I'm eating on the 15th (17days ago) I've dropped 16lbs, I initially lost an absolute shed load in just the first few days but that (I'm guessing) was all water weight and its slowed down to a more sensible level now.

Anyway's I reckon that I'm more than due at least one little cheat meal for breakfast, I'll be back on it after my breakfast.

• Thanks 1

Â