Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

Just got back, I only did 20 minutes at a reeeaaally slow pace, today was just about getting back in there for the first time/

My body and joints these days are pretty much made of glass so my first few times I'm not really looking at time or distance at all, I'm just making sure that I get through the doors and doing a little bit.

Even just doing that little bit I could feel my calfs, it won't take to long for me to get back into it properly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Just got back, I only did 20 minutes at a reeeaaally slow pace, today was just about getting back in there for the first time/

My body and joints these days are pretty much made of glass so my first few times I'm not really looking at time or distance at all, I'm just making sure that I get through the doors and doing a little bit.

Even just doing that little bit I could feel my calfs, it won't take to long for me to get back into it properly.

Yeah you know your body better than anyone. I always say that.

I know what works and what doesnt for me. Its taken me a while to work out what makes me put on weight .

For me bread and fruit bloats me bad. I avoid bread now and only stick with berries. 

I use to eat alot of fruit that **** up my liver from all the fructose. So be wary of that if you are eating alot of fruit

• Like 1

I went down from 18st to 14 st during Covid/lockdown due to following a keto diet and going running. Recently  went back up to 16st 3lb after our son was born, mainly from being too tired to cook anything decent and doing very little exercise. For the last 6 months I've been back on keto and running three times a week. I'm now down to 14st 3lb and am getting ready for a 10K night race around Rutland Water in a couple of weeks. I've got my 5K time back down to about 25-26 minutes, which is about as fast as my dodgy back, knees and ankles will let me go. I go to a running club on a Thursday evening with my eldest, Izzi who's 18 next month, and it's good to see her getting the fitness bug as well. It's also nice that we've got something we enjoy doing together. (Although she hates it when I lap her! ;) )

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah you know your body better than anyone. I always say that.

I know what works and what doesnt for me. Its taken me a while to work out what makes me put on weight .

For me bread and fruit bloats me bad. I avoid bread now and only stick with berries. 

I use to eat alot of fruit that **** up my liver from all the fructose. So be wary of that if you are eating alot of fruit

Exactly the same for me Dem, as I've said before. No bread, potatoes (in all their forms) pasta, rice, no starchy veg or sugary fruit or juice. After a while it's an absolute piece of piss and I don't really see it as a diet, more just a way of life that I enjoy. You'll have to prise a glass of wine out of my cold, dead hands though!

• Like 1

Definitely something to be said for a keto diet. The benefits are numerous. I've dropped a stone in month multiple times on it and my girlfriend has lost 3 stone in about 5-6 months.

Don't think i could stay on it full time though , i enjoy my food too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Exactly the same for me Dem, as I've said before. No bread, potatoes (in all their forms) pasta, rice, no starchy veg or sugary fruit or juice. After a while it's an absolute piece of piss and I don't really see it as a diet, more just a way of life that I enjoy. You'll have to prise a glass of wine out of my cold, dead hands though!

I agree Mart. Ive done all these diets and for me its the easiest one. You can eat sweet stuff if you can make desserts as so many options. I mean you can have steak and eat the fat! Unless your a vegetarian and dont like meat whats not to like?

Its strange because keto is a very controversial diet. It goes against what the main stream media tell you  (eg eating fruit) but i gurantee most will get results if they do it properly 

Keto can definitely help people lose weight (a lot of the initial weight in the first few weeks is purely water though and that's why it often comes straight back). 

However I'm not sure I'd recommend it long term. 

Not so much due to physical/mental health concerns but more that it appears to make it impossible to stop telling people that you do keto.

It's nearly as bad as vegans for bringing it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Keto can definitely help people lose weight (a lot of the initial weight in the first few weeks is purely water though and that's why it often comes straight back). 

However I'm not sure I'd recommend it long term. 

Not so much due to physical/mental health concerns but more that it appears to make it impossible to stop telling people that you do keto.

It's nearly as bad as vegans for bringing it up.

There is two versions of keto healthy and unhealthy 

If you do the unhealthy keto then you run the risk of getting high cholesterol and shit like that. But if you do it the proper way you will have mode energy, lose brain fog and their are so many people who do it who have said they have had significant health results reversing fatty liver pre diabetes etc.

I find it easier as i dont really like bread and pasta so that helps. Its just the sugary desserts i miss 😂

I was back up the road again today at 6:30am, nothing too crazy again just 30 minutes on the treadmill at a very very slow pace, I'm purposely not pushing myself at the minute and even then I was massively out of puff, I don't wanna go like a maniac and then struggle to top what I've done for another month, I'm just going to build up slowly and keep doing a little bit more each time.

I've gotta be careful with my hips and knees as well because they aren't exactly in the greatest of condition these days.

I can’t quit the chocolate HELP !!!!!

When I quit it for two weeks before I noticed I did lose weight which was strange because you wouldn’t have looked at me and thought yeah he could do with losing some weight, but obviously it puts weight on me, and I do consume a lot of chocolate. If it wasn’t for what I’ve read about sugar is the new killer then I probably wouldn’t give a shit. Sometimes you wouldn’t think there’s anything worse out there , but yeah I do consume too much. 

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can’t quit the chocolate HELP !!!!!

When I quit it for two weeks before I noticed I did lose weight which was strange because you wouldn’t have looked at me and thought yeah he could do with losing some weight, but obviously it puts weight on me, and I do consume a lot of chocolate. If it wasn’t for what I’ve read about sugar is the new killer then I probably wouldn’t give a shit. Sometimes you wouldn’t think there’s anything worse out there , but yeah I do consume too much. 

For me it isn't chocolate, its crisps and shit like that, I can't keep anything like that at home because as soon as I start I can't stop, multipack of crisps? gone in one sitting no problem, pringles? whole tube gone in 15 minutes, I have been pretty shit lately and whenever I go into Tesco's I've been picking up a big pack of crisps and just demolishing them as soon as I get home, I know I can't be trusted and I can't be sensible so I'm just going to stop buying them, I don't buy them I can't eat them.

Same goes for fizzy pop, I can't remember the last time I had anything more than a can of coke whilst at work because if I have a bottle of pepsi you can bet that I'll neck the whole thing in one night.

I only buy it very rarely as a treat but its been about 10 years since I bought the stuff regularly, same goes for squash, the only things I drink are water, coffee and alcohol, and the occasional mug of tea.

50 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

For me it isn't chocolate, its crisps and shit like that, I can't keep anything like that at home because as soon as I start I can't stop, multipack of crisps? gone in one sitting no problem, pringles? whole tube gone in 15 minutes, I have been pretty shit lately and whenever I go into Tesco's I've been picking up a big pack of crisps and just demolishing them as soon as I get home, I know I can't be trusted and I can't be sensible so I'm just going to stop buying them, I don't buy them I can't eat them.

Same goes for fizzy pop, I can't remember the last time I had anything more than a can of coke whilst at work because if I have a bottle of pepsi you can bet that I'll neck the whole thing in one night.

I only buy it very rarely as a treat but its been about 10 years since I bought the stuff regularly, same goes for squash, the only things I drink are water, coffee and alcohol, and the occasional mug of tea.

I like certain crisps a lot but I’m not addicted to them . Once I start on chocolate that’s me, I just gorge on the stuff. Stopped drinking fizzy pop for the most part years ago although I have it now and again but not in large amounts.

• Like 1

It's always booze that piles the weight on me. I started keeping my weight loss chart printed out on the booze cupboard so I had to look at it to get to the beer, it gave me enough motivation to open it a bit less

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I like certain crisps a lot but I’m not addicted to them . Once I start on chocolate that’s me, I just gorge on the stuff. Stopped drinking fizzy pop for the most part years ago although I have it now and again but not in large amounts.

Thats exactly the same with me. I could easily do without crisps but i love chocolate.  If i didnt likw chocolate id hav ea 6 pac easy 😂

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

When I gave up meat apart from chicken for 7 months I lost a fair bit of unwanted weight loss 

I dont havw any issues with meat. I can eat loads of it not put on but as soon as its bread im bloated as ****.

My red meats all grass fed

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont havw any issues with meat. I can eat loads of it not put on but as soon as its bread im bloated as ****.

My red meats all grass fed

I didn’t physically have any issues with meat and was very surprised when the weight fell off me. I weren’t what you called overweight in the first place so it was unwanted. 

Anyway I’ve decided today is the day I massively cut down on chocolate. Just going to allow myself one big bar over the weekend 

I started calorie counting for last 6 weeks but listed expected weight loss plotted with actuals along with a burn down chart. (I know I’m a nerd).

Anyway I’ve lost about 3kg and it’s pretty much on track with the calories I have eaten. Although less than I hoped. I think I need to drop the refined carbs though to speed things up. 

It’s also very easy to undo 5 days deficit on a weekend. Especially when have a few drinks. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I started calorie counting for last 6 weeks but listed expected weight loss plotted with actuals along with a burn down chart. (I know I’m a nerd).

Anyway I’ve lost about 3kg and it’s pretty much on track with the calories I have eaten. Although less than I hoped. I think I need to drop the refined carbs though to speed things up. 

It’s also very easy to undo 5 days deficit on a weekend. Especially when have a few drinks. 

You will lose a lot of weight if you drop refined carbs if you have lost this much with eating them

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I didn’t physically have any issues with meat and was very surprised when the weight fell off me. I weren’t what you called overweight in the first place so it was unwanted. 

Anyway I’ve decided today is the day I massively cut down on chocolate. Just going to allow myself one big bar over the weekend 

Yeah im gonna try cut down too but i tend to eat the keto friendly stuff. I found this spread out in cyprus that has virtually no sugar and is made from stevia. Its delicious.  Bought about 5 tubs back 😂

• Like 2

Â