Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You make some great points but the romanticizing of food and in particular takeaway culture is only getting worse. I’ve seen it with my own eyes on TikTok, there are now full time influencers who literally do nothing but eat takeaways and the likes of Starbucks every day to make a living, there’s a constant battle in the comments about whether it’s right or wrong and that engagement just makes them more money.

I really do fear for our kids in these coming years.

The thing with TikTok is every niche will be filled by someone promoting something. We have advertising standards in UK around what can be marketed on TV, on billboards. Tiktok however is a wild west and uncontrollable. It has and is doing a lot of damage to the current young generation. Facebook being exposed for promoting negative things because negative emotions drive more engagement etc. These companies do not care one bit about any harm that comes from this. 

I would not let kids on social media until they turned 17. 

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Holidays are so terrible for weight gain. Put 4 pounds on out in cyprus now need to kill myself for next 4 weeks to lose it and more 😂

Why do we do it to ourselves 🤣

In fairness mate 4 pounds is nothing. Over what amount of time did you put that on? I always see it that however long it took me to put it on, so say a one or two week holiday, you can get it back off in the same amount of time.

Edited by markavfc40

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

In fairness mate 4 pounds is nothing. Over what amount of time did you put that on? I always see it that however long it took me to put it on, so say a one or two week holiday, you can get it back off in the same amount of time.

Thanks mark

16 days. Its wierd 1st week i lost a pound as weighed myself so how ive managed to put on 4 the 2nd week. I think eating late has a played  afactor as i always tend to eat early here in uk no later than 6 but because was waiting for mates was eating late some nights after 8.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

@NurembergVillan that is fantastic going Rob. Massive well done mate. How have you gone about losing it?

Thanks mate.

Calorie tracking on MyFitnessPal.

Been restricting myself to 1700kcals a day on average with as much of that as possible being protein.

I've been at the gym a couple of times a week most weeks too.

The important thing for me to remember is that calories aren't on a 24 hour timer - it's a rolling thing. So if I want a curry one night I'll have one - but now swap naan for roti - and then be more careful the following day.

Cutting right back on the booze has helped too. I didn't drink much anyway but when it did there'd be crisps and stuff with it too.

• Like 2

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Thanks mate.

Calorie tracking on MyFitnessPal.

Been restricting myself to 1700kcals a day on average with as much of that as possible being protein.

I've been at the gym a couple of times a week most weeks too.

The important thing for me to remember is that calories aren't on a 24 hour timer - it's a rolling thing. So if I want a curry one night I'll have one - but now swap naan for roti - and then be more careful the following day.

Cutting right back on the booze has helped too. I didn't drink much anyway but when it did there'd be crisps and stuff with it too.

Grrat work.

Have you got a target weight in kind or something specific to aim for? Always find that helps me to break the monotony of it.

Are you planning a maintenance phase once you're done, to help you come out of it and not put the weight back on?

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Grrat work.

Have you got a target weight in kind or something specific to aim for? Always find that helps me to break the monotony of it.

Are you planning a maintenance phase once you're done, to help you come out of it and not put the weight back on?

Target weight is 77kg cos that's what I was when I got married in 2014.

I may end up heavier because of the gym routine, but thats the target.

I want to look good in a polo shirt and a (max) 33" waist jeans.

My PT is also a sports scientist so he'll be helping me to recalibrate once I've got the weight off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Target weight is 77kg cos that's what I was when I got married in 2014.

I may end up heavier because of the gym routine, but thats the target.

I want to look good in a polo shirt and a (max) 33" waist jeans.

My PT is also a sports scientist so he'll be helping me to recalibrate once I've got the weight off.

Good stuff.

You can always have multiple targets and maintenance phases to help you get there. I'm sure your PT will have it in hand though. 

I dropped from 96kg down to 78kg last year and didn't bother to do a maintenance phase and bounced back upto 85kg.

I then broke my foot and went through some personal stuff in Spring this year and shot back up to where I started from. 

Back down to 82kg a few weeks ago but massively fell off the rails recently and need to get back on it.

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Good stuff.

You can always have multiple targets and maintenance phases to help you get there. I'm sure your PT will have it in hand though. 

I dropped from 96kg down to 78kg last year and didn't bother to do a maintenance phase and bounced back upto 85kg.

I then broke my foot and went through some personal stuff in Spring this year and shot back up to where I started from. 

Back down to 82kg a few weeks ago but massively fell off the rails recently and need to get back on it.

A proper rollercoaster!

It's so easy to come off the rails.

I'm out in Dubai for 2 weeks now, working, so I've got to be proper disciplined.

20 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

A proper rollercoaster!

It's so easy to come off the rails.

I'm out in Dubai for 2 weeks now, working, so I've got to be proper disciplined.

As you said in an earlier post. Just view it as one larger period and not lots of individual ones so that you can try to balance dieting with blow outs.

Marathon not a sprint and all.

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I was 97.7kg when I got back from Dubai in May.

Just arrived back out here and I'm now 85.8kg.

I've lost 5" off my waist 💪

Great job mate you must feel fantastic 

Well done. Keep it up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Signed back up for the gym today, just popped in to get my card reactivated. 

Before Covid I was going in 4 times a week sometimes twice a day, I only ever really used the treadmill and bike but I was doing really well.

Then Covid struck, I caught it in February before lockdown and it took about 6 weeks before my breathing was ok enough for me to start running again, by that point the gyms had locked down, when it reopened I started going again but I was out of the routine and my visits were sporadic at best, I tried running outside and kept that up for a while but ultimately I have spent the last 2 and a half years sitting down doing absolutely **** all other than eat shit and get fatter.

I've decided its time to get back on the hoss, I've got a mountain to climb just to get back to where I was and it'll take an awful long time but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm going to start off pretty easy, get in there 3 times a week in the morning before I start work, my main thing is that I just need to get my confidence up again and just get used to the atmosphere again, once I've done that I'll start going on my lunchbreaks and after work again and just generally get in there as much as possible.

I know it seems stupid to pay for a gym pass just to use the treadmill but I find it so much easier to motivate myself to go there rather than running outside.

got some headphones arriving today and I'll be trying them out tomorrow at 6am on the dot.

Lee dont forget diet is also very important. Well done for having the motivation to sign up to the gym.

Have you ever tried keto?

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Lee dont forget diet is also very important. Well done for having the motivation to sign up to the gym.

Have you ever tried keto?

Nah, I don't bother with shit like that, I just do what I do.

Cut down on the shit I'm eating, no more takeaways except for my Friday night curry, no more silly snacks, I don't drink all that much these days, usually about 4 cans on a Friday and maybe one or two if the Villa are playing but that is my total alcohol intake for the week.

When I was going before I lost a fair bit of weight with no problem at all, once I've got a bit of fitness back I'll be fine again.

Â