Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i struggle the same. walk to and from work every day (c.1.5m each way) and calories at around the 1700/1800 mark but all it takes is a day on the beer and i'll get a maintain rather than a loss

now the season is over i can knuckle down

losing weight is **** difficult

Spot on mate.

Its very frustrating to maintain on a week where you are over 10k in steps, 2 gym visits, a round of golf and around 1800 calories a day, apart from the beer there's not much more I can do but its a killer as we know.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2022 at 09:59, AVFCDAN said:

Week 2 - 1 pound down

The week in summary is 12k steps again, food was around 1700 calories. The problems were that i drank heavily on Friday and Saturday, didnt get enough sleep and did about 100 steps on Sunday. Should have been a 2-3 pound loss without the drink but i have to take it and do better this coming week.

Week 3 - 3 pounds down

Total now 8 pounds.

Week in summary was around 1800 calories a day, 13k steps a day average, drank heavily once and moderately once. Overall pretty happy with that, don’t feel like I’m denying myself calories anymore and managed to lose even when drinking a few times. Not going to hit the stone but another 2 pounds is possible and that will be 10 pounds in May and I’ll be happy with that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Week 3 - 3 pounds down

Total now 8 pounds.

Week in summary was around 1800 calories a day, 13k steps a day average, drank heavily once and moderately once. Overall pretty happy with that, don’t feel like I’m denying myself calories anymore and managed to lose even when drinking a few times. Not going to hit the stone but another 2 pounds is possible and that will be 10 pounds in May and I’ll be happy with that.

Wrll done mate keep it up

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve noticed the weight creeping up recently, clothes not fitting as they were designed ! Previously damaged ankle aching more than normal, I used to limit my bread intake as it bloats me but have been smashing it lately, also the booze intake has also crept up , I coach football 3 evenings a week and we have games Saturday and Sunday it’s gone from a pint now and again after a session/match to 3-4 after EVERY session/match ! Ive given myself a damn good telling off and pressed the reset button today , going full throttle health kick !

• Like 2

Best of luck @Chine

I weighed in for the first time in a while earlier in the week and discovered I’d lost three kgs. I’ve been lifting a little less frequently, down from five to three times per week, but not actively trying to lose weight per se. I need to actively eat a bit more to avoid losing any more mass. 87 kgs is alright for the summer, but I should get back to 90 by late autumn. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

Best of luck @Chine

I weighed in for the first time in a while earlier in the week and discovered I’d lost three kgs. I’ve been lifting a little less frequently, down from five to three times per week, but not actively trying to lose weight per se. I need to actively eat a bit more to avoid losing any more mass. 87 kgs is alright for the summer, but I should get back to 90 by late autumn. 

Thanks mate and fair play to you ,in control

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chine said:

I’ve noticed the weight creeping up recently, clothes not fitting as they were designed ! Previously damaged ankle aching more than normal, I used to limit my bread intake as it bloats me but have been smashing it lately, also the booze intake has also crept up , I coach football 3 evenings a week and we have games Saturday and Sunday it’s gone from a pint now and again after a session/match to 3-4 after EVERY session/match ! Ive given myself a damn good telling off and pressed the reset button today , going full throttle health kick !

Found this with my football team, early post covid it was turning into 8 pints after a match, like we were making up for something.

Beer rocks me for a few days diet wise. Only way for me is to go teetotal for 4-6 weeks. Lemonade after training last night and Ive got that stubborn feeling that comes with doing it. 

Sunny this weekend though......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chine said:

Thanks mate and fair play to you ,in control

Which only shows that you can be too. I’ve been slightly overweight before, but made a decision to get fit five years ago, reached my target weight in two and a half months, and haven’t looked back since. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stopped doing keto for a few weeks, as wanted a break from it. Put on a few pounds but thats fine.

Now back on it and again and have lost the couple pounds again. Still need to lose another 5-6 to be where i want to be.

Signed up to a new gym near me which is opening up need to start training my arms as they gone abit skinny 😂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

need to start training my arms as they gone abit skinny 😂

Well don’t start training by picking pint glasses up and down as that was my problem !!🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chine said:

clothes not fitting as they were designed !

Bloody washing machine! It has a mind of its own. Am I right?

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just watching the fasting documentary 

Its fascinating. If you wanna lose weight/sort your health out watch it

What station is it on pls Dem ?

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I watched a movie called Fisting 2017 once. Is it similar to that?

great film but not quite up to Fisting 2014 IMO, bloke has bigger hands 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

great film but not quite up to Fisting 2014 IMO, bloke has bigger hands 

I'm leaving it at this before we get into trouble with the mods.

• Like 1

Â