Formula One - 2021

BOF

Vetell facing being disqualified from the race as he didn't have the required 1 litre of fuel left in the tank, less than half even, stewards could only drain 300ml, that's a slam dunk penalty

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I never liked Vettel, maybe in the same way I don't like Hamilton; just too good.

But since he's been on a worse team he's clearly a top bloke.

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Vettel DQ. Dumped car on track because of low fuel and been found to be in breach of rules.

A win for the homophobic Hungarians then, sweet...

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Vetell facing being disqualified from the race as he didn't have the required 1 litre of fuel left in the tank, less than half even, stewards could only drain 300ml, that's a slam dunk penalty

Seems like a strange rule, what’s the point of it? If you risk running out of fuel then it’s your own problem. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Seems like a strange rule, what’s the point of it? If you risk running out of fuel then it’s your own problem. 

I always thought the rule was there to prevent the possibility of someone running out of fuel at an inconvenient moment and losing power with someone right behind them, therefore causing a very preventable crash.  It seemed logical to me, so I didn't question it, but I can't find any evidence of that being the reason it was brought in.

5 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I always thought the rule was there to prevent the possibility of someone running out of fuel at an inconvenient moment and losing power with someone right behind them, therefore causing a very preventable crash.  It seemed logical to me, so I didn't question it, but I can't find any evidence of that being the reason it was brought in.

The fuel of every car has to be tested before and after just incase someone has added some extra gogo juice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ferrari believes Formula 1 should consider having teams pay for the repairs of other cars if their driver is found guilty of causing an accident.

Amid calls from Red Bull for a rethink about F1’s cost cap regulations in the wake of the huge crash damage bills it has faced in the last two races, Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has proposed a radical idea.

With Ferrari’s own Charles Leclerc having been taken out by Lance Stroll at the first corner of the Hungarian Grand Prix, Binotto said the situation needed looking at.

And while he does not believe an extra cost cap allowance for repairs is the right way forward, he thinks that teams of drivers who have been found fully at fault in accidents could be forced to pay for damage they have caused to rivals.

“Obviously if you're not guilty, having such damage in the budget cap is something which is even more of a consequence now.

“Should we add exemptions? I'm not sure that’s the solution. I think it may be very difficult to be policed.

“But I think that what we may consider is that if a driver is faulty, the team of the driver should pay at least to the other teams for the damages and repairs. That will make the drivers more responsible.” 

Binotto’s comments come in the wake of a fresh headache for the Red Bull team as it faces expensive crash repairs for the second race running.

Just a fortnight on from the $1.8 million bill that Red Bull faced from Max Verstappen’s high-speed British Grand Prix crash with Lewis Hamilton, it endured another bruising encounter at the Hungaroring.

An out-of-control Valtteri Bottas triggered a first corner pile-up in Hungary which left Red Bull duo Verstappen and Sergio Perez with major damage.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner thinks it unfair that his outfit now faces another major budget headache to pay for the damage in a campaign where it is already right at the limit of the $145 million budget cap.

“It’s brutal under the cost cap,” said Horner. “I think it re-affirms that when you have an incident that isn't your fault, that we're paying a significant price for that and that's something that isn't budgeted for.

Asked where the money will have to come from to pay for the recent accidents, with Red Bull already having had to make redundancies last winter to ensure it stayed within the budget cap, Horner said sacrifices would have to be made.

“Obviously you've got to look at what's within the cap,” he said. “It's spare parts and it's the engines as well, which is particularly concerning. I think we need to revisit this with the FIA because ultimately is something that can affect all teams, not just Red Bull.”

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/guilty-rivals-should-pay-for-f1-crash-damage-says-ferrari/6641026/

The cost cap does complicate matters. They'll need to look at that if the regulations haven't kept up with, or are relevant to the new budget rules. But they will I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Another own goal from Lewis

Lewis Hamilton has sparked a furious backlash on social media after boasting about his dog's planet-saving vegan diet - while sitting on a gas-guzzling private jet.

The F1 champion's bulldog Roscoe has been on a plant-based diet for the last two years.

Fellow vegan Hamilton, 36, photographed his pet on the plane with a plate of fruit including strawberries, pineapple and kiwis.

Next to it was also a packed bowl of vegetables including broccoli, peppers and green beans.

46590607-9886645-Lewis_Hamilton_posted_a
Link

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...