Formula One - 2021

BOF

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Bottas 50+ seconds behind Max.......surely Russell will do a better job

He was pointlessly boxed to make sure he couldn’t slip ahead of Lewis going for his fastest lap and told to slow down so he wouldn’t take the fastest lap instead and under team orders earlier.

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

F1 is poo. I watched some of this to see if there would be any exciting racing…. Zzzzz

F1 has about 1:5 ratio of entertaining races.

When it’s great it’s epic, but you have to sit through a lot of turd between action.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

F1 is poo. I watched some of this to see if there would be any exciting racing…. Zzzzz

It's been really great this season. But yeah that race was poor. Nothing happened.

Can see why they don't use the track anymore. It's only back on the calendar because of Max. Sooner it's gone again the better.

Edited by Stevo985

Two races on the trot where they might as well have given the points out after qualifying. It's a pity because the season was really nicely poised and we're set up for a great championship fight between a well meaning space cadet and a lard faced rubber lipped wrong un. What we could do with now is a proper Grand Prix - where's next?

• Haha 1

I actually quite enjoyed some of the race; some good battles amongst the midfield teams.

Would have loved it if Bottas' fastest lap had stood and Hamilton hadn't been able to beat it. Would have made for some very interesting post race interviews.

Red Bull really need a driver to help Verstappen out. Norris would be the perfect driver for them.

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Two races on the trot where they might as well have given the points out after qualifying. It's a pity because the season was really nicely poised and we're set up for a great championship fight between a well meaning space cadet and a lard faced rubber lipped wrong un. What we could do with now is a proper Grand Prix - where's next?

Monza 🤗🤗🤗 POWERRRRRR!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I actually quite enjoyed some of the race; some good battles amongst the midfield teams.

Would have loved it if Bottas' fastest lap had stood and Hamilton hadn't been able to beat it. Would have made for some very interesting post race interviews.

Red Bull really need a driver to help Verstappen out. Norris would be the perfect driver for them.

I enjoyed it too. I enjoyed the spectacle of the track. The sense of speed from the undulations. I enjoyed the tactical battle at the front that didn't fully resolve until near the end. And the midfield was good too. The novelty element of Zandvoort undoubtedly helped, but it was a novelty.

• Like 1

The Bottas fastest lap was just another reason people are fed up with F1.

”Bottas what the **** are you playing at going as fast as you can? Go and sit in the naughty corner”.

The “sport” is a joke sometimes.

Bottas knows his time with Merc is up. By all accounts Russell will be announced soon. 

It would be nice if he could race for himself and not abide by every single team order just to please the team and Lewis, having him pit today but then not wanting him to get the fastest lap was ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bottas will need some clear direction from the team whether he’s allowed to go fast or not.

I think 'don't be nicking WDC points with late fastest laps' is all he needs to be told. He can clearly go as fast as he has always been capable of going without troubling the front 2. I just hope 'driver of the day' Perez doesn't have to do another climb through the field, now that he has an extra half an hour to make a balls of it all before Sunday.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think 'don't be nicking WDC points with late fastest laps' is all he needs to be told. He can clearly go as fast as he has always been capable of going without troubling the front 2.

Do your best, as long as it’s not better than Lewis, in which case slow down a bit. 
I can see why they do it, it just takes a bit of the authenticity away from the sport. 

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do your best, as long as it’s not better than Lewis, in which case slow down a bit.

I think that just needs the first 3 words of the sentence. Being on fresh tyres at the end of Zandvoort was obviously going to give him fastest lap. It's a team sport. He shouldn't need to be told not to nick the fastest lap on fresh tyres.  And AFAIK he did it almost accidentally because he was so much quicker on fresh rubber. I'd say the fact he's probably leaving the team had something to do with it.