Formula One - 2021

BOF

Great fun. Enjoyed that. Kudos to the top 5. Max imperious, Lewis resilient and cool under pressure. Lando's debut podium and a good day for the Ferraris in Italy. All's well that ends well. Thank McGrath for Max. Imagine Lewis against this lot week in week out without Max in the field. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

How can Hamilton crash out and have zero consequence for it 

Unbelievable 

Red flags are annoying. They reset everything 😂 But very jammy for him. 

Enjoyable race that. Max outstanding from the very start. Shame Perez had an absolute shambles race as that could've been huge points in the constructors thanks to Bottas also having a complete mare. Have to say it had Albon vibes about it 😶

Only Lewis could make a mistake, be stuck for god knows how long, look as if his race is over and then just end up finishing 2nd anyway. The very rare occasions that we see him make a mistake something just happens almost instantly which allows him to stroll back through the field and take big points.

Been an exciting first 2 races of the season though, more of this and we could have a classic. Max v Lewis is finally here. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I made a gif of it 

BA1-ED1-EC-33-F1-4663-BD22-66-B0-D550207

Be interesting what the stewards make of it, I think Bottas should have more awareness and not move across in front of a much faster car.

At the start of the overtake Bottas is on the left white line, at impact he’s come past the middle of the track.

He’s moving on the racing line though. I agree he should have more awareness but I’m not seeing this sudden movement to the right people are talking about. There’s still room for Russell

• Like 3

The unlapping of cars after a restart is a but crap really. It normally doesn't matter when the really slow cars move to the back of the grid but today Hamilton got very lucky and a P2 he didn't deserve in my opinion.

Well done Landon and the 2 Ferrari's, Perez manged to throw away a great position by doing his best Albon impression. Thought Danny Ric was disappointing when compared to Norris. Well done Max, great drive today.

Edited by mykeyb
  • Like 1

Don’t get to watch many races but Just watched the C4 highlights without knowing the result. A nicely exciting race with loads of incidents. 

F1 would be great if all races were like that. 

Not a massive Hamilton fan but kudos for calmness he makes the best of any situation.

Cannot take to Verstapen yet though. There’s something about him I just don’t like. 

there appears to a lot of poor drivers out there though!!! 

• Like 1

Red Bull Powertrains have hired Mercedes' head of engineering to work on their new power unit.

Red Bull Powertrains hires Mercedes’ head of engineering to work on F1 power unit

Red Bull’s newly-formed Formula 1 power unit division, Red Bull Powertrains, has announced a key hiring from rivals Mercedes.

Ben Hodgkinson will join Red Bull Powertrains as technical director after completing his current contract as head of engineering at Mercedes-Benz High Performance Powertrains. He has spent over two decades with the manufacturer, which has swept both F1 world championship titles for the last seven years.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said Hodgkinson “comes to this hugely exciting project as a proven race winner and as an innovator capable of leading a like-minded team of highly skilled engineers.”

More in link ...

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Will this improve things or just cement the top drivers at the front of the track?

I would think it gives more chance for surprises. I guess there's more unpredictability in a sprint race than in qualifying.

But not sure I like it to be honest

• Thanks 1