Formula One - 2021

BOF

Just now, a m ole said:

Billionaire Boys Club.

Yep, that’s F1.

If I had hundreds of millions at my disposal I wouldn’t be anywhere near Monte Carlo. I was gonna say it’s a rich mans Benidorm, but I actually think Benidorm has more open space and less concrete.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What the hell happened to Hamilton to only start in 7th? 

Not like him at all. 

Car not doing great on the track plus Leclerc crashing and red flagging quali so Hamilton couldn’t do a second lap.

• Thanks 1

I think Monaco should be the last race of the season and more of a procession than an actual race (pretty much like the Tour de France)

its no longer fit for purpose as a bonafide racetrack and it’s just nostalgia, tradition (and probably a wad of cash) that keeps it on the calendar.

it’s the most boring race of the season IMO. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I think Monaco should be the last race of the season and more of a procession than an actual race (pretty much like the Tour de France)

its no longer fit for purpose as a bonafide racetrack and it’s just nostalgia, tradition (and probably a wad of cash) that keeps it on the calendar.

it’s the most boring race of the season IMO. 

The commentators were just saying that it’s a bit shit, but they did miss not going there last year… 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

The commentators were just saying that it’s a bit shit, but they did miss not going there last year… 

I’m sure it’s a great place to host a Grand Prix but that doesn’t make it a great racetrack. 

F1 needs to move on. 

Just now, theboyangel said:

I’m sure it’s a great place to host a Grand Prix but that doesn’t make it a great racetrack. 

F1 needs to move on. 

One of those “if I ruled the world” things. I’d thank Monaco for the history but we won’t be coming back.

• Like 1

Monaco one of the very few races I actually enjoy and try to watch if there's nothing else to do. Then again I'm not a F1 or motor fan at all so probably have a different view than most racing fans .

Only other times I enjoy the average F1 race is when the weather changes the dynamics. 

16 hours ago, a m ole said:

Big news in this race, Mazepin might not finish last for the first time!

Only because the team ordered Mick to let him past because Mick had a mysterious engine issue (but Mazepin wasn't quick enough to pass him) and then when it was fixed and Mick charged up to the back of Mazepin they suddenly decided against swapping them back.

17 hours ago, Genie said:

What’s the point of this circuit?

I hate the circuit and I hate the fawning over what a magnificent place it is.

Does anyone actually believe it?

Of all the circuits on the calendar currently this is the one I have put by far the most laps in on various arcade racers and racing sims so I will always enjoy watching qualifying here.

The race should be half distance though or with a special one off tyre compound that is so soft everyone has to 3 stop.