Formula One - 2021

BOF

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Instigating accidents will be met with significant punishments, as they are in the normal races, so I can't see it being a particularly good tactic.

I was envisaging a situation where a middling team had one driver qualify 6th and one 9th - the one in 6th suffers an oopsy-daisy brake failure at turn one on Saturday and takes out four of the cars in front of him, the chap in 9th who didn't qualify well picks up a couple of racing places and ends up on the front row and the sponsors are delighted.

Or maybe a situation where Hamilton qualified badly and Bottas found himself next to Verstappen on the front row on Saturday with every encouragement to be as carefree as he likes.

Racing opens up all sorts of questions I guess.

Still, it'll be entertaining and a good watch!

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was envisaging a situation where a middling team had one driver qualify 6th and one 9th - the one in 6th suffers an oopsy-daisy brake failure at turn one on Saturday and takes out four of the cars in front of him, the chap in 9th who didn't qualify well picks up a couple of racing places and ends up on the front row and the sponsors are delighted.

Or maybe a situation where Hamilton qualified badly and Bottas found himself next to Verstappen on the front row on Saturday with every encouragement to be as carefree as he likes.

Racing opens up all sorts of questions I guess.

Still, it'll be entertaining and a good watch!

Valid concerns but again I think the punishments would be very harsh for anyone who did anything like that. Deliberately causing an accident is heavily heavily frowned upon

Turkey has replaced Canada on the 13th of June :( So one of the best races (IMO the best) is gone and one of the worst takes its place. Fantastic. Canada is back in 2022.

Does Marzipan make it difficult to judge Schumacher's performance levels?

It's difficult to know if he's doing his best in a slow car or whether he's just not quick enough because the other guy is so very bad.

I'm really not a fan of the modern F1 rhythm - Wait for the start, watch the start and one lap - then spend ten minutes under safety car so you can put the kettle on.

They could really do with finding a way to keep racing going wherever possible. 

Pretty crap race that. A decent comeback from Ricciardo and great to see Fernando with some overtakes though. 

Mega first stint from Perez as well showing just how well he can make tyres last, it's just a shame it was pretty much all ruined thanks to the waste of space Mazepin at the back. He was a minute behind Schumacher today ffs. It's actually pretty mental that he's going to be in F1 for years to come no matter what. 

Edited by Farlz