Formula One - 2021

BOF

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No one can prove bribery but he chose a completely non conventional re-start that was 99.99% going to hand the win to Verstappen.  He's surely got to explain why he chose to do that. 

And if his absolute overriding desire was to see the race out, head to head why didn't he red flag it and allow an at least even playing field. 

Generally they would never do it, the race would be over if only 1 or 2 laps left.

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'm including bribery of officials in cheating.

Between this and your VAR meltdown it hasn't been a good weekend has it? :D I think you're seeing corruption when the answer is a lot simplier; incompetence and arse covering.

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

And apparently Red Bull fans are weird...........

Keep lashing out Phil, when you wake up tomorrow Max will still be World Champion, Lewis won't be and there will be no evidence to suggest Horner paid off Masi.

I know I know, back to normal tomorrow, can't wait for next year to start.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Generally they would never do it, the race would be over if only 1 or 2 laps left.

I have watched every race but cannot remember why the race was red flagged in Baku. I assume the crash if there was one on that circuit meant the cars couldn't get passed possibly?

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

I have watched every race but cannot remember why the race was red flagged in Baku. I assume the crash if there was one on that circuit meant the cars couldn't get passed possibly?

Baku had loads of issues with the tyres degrading faster than thought, and numerous punctures, which was why it got a red flag

• Like 1

Although Article 48.12 may not have been applied fully, in relation to the safety car returning to the pits at the end of the following lap, Article 48.13 overrides that and once the message 'Safety Car in this lap' has been displayed, it is mandatory to withdraw the safety car at the end of that lap.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-stewards-dismiss-mercedes-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-protests-as-team.Q8StGwXFdORYlI32Jggoz.html

Question: the above talks about the safety car having to come in once the sign had been shown. Nowhere does their statement refer to the real issue, that of the lapped cars. Are they just ignoring that?

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes, surely his position is untenable now but like Brundle said earlier,.who else can do it

Well by the looks of it he's so utterly incompetent, I'll happily have a go. 

I don't know much about F1 or motor sports in general, and I've never seen the rulebook so I'm pretty sure I can be at least as good, plus I would speak to the team leaders with a bit of humility. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I can imagine what the comments are! 

I'm not in to F1 so don't really follow him enough to know why people think he's a dick but some of the BLM stuff I saw aimed at him was horrendous, there will be more than a few who didn't want him to win because they want to believe that he wants to defund the police 

I don't really pay too much attention to Lewis and his politics and he is absolutely right standing up for the BLM movement. My gripe with him is two fold. Firstly a few years ago just before the British Grand Prix they organized a show in London where the drivers drove their F1 cars. The only driver who didn't attend was Lewis. He thought so much about his fans he buggered of on holiday instead.

Secondly he does this big social media posts about caring for the planet whilst flying around the world in his own jet...........

Don't proclaim to be a man of the people and lecture us about looking after the planet when you obviously couldn't give a..................

Just now, sidcow said:

Well by the looks of it he's so utterly incompetent, I'll happily have a go. 

I don't know much about F1 or motor sports in general, and I've never seen the rulebook so I'm pretty sure I can be at least as good, plus I would speak to the team leaders with a bit of humility. 

What are you like at refereeing?

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I don't really pay too much attention to Lewis and his politics and he is absolutely right standing up for the BLM movement. My gripe with him is two fold. Firstly a few years ago just before the British Grand Prix they organized a show in London where the drivers drove their F1 cars. The only driver who didn't attend was Lewis. He thought so much about his fans he buggered of on holiday instead.

Secondly he does this big social media posts about caring for the planet whilst flying around the world in his own jet...........

Don't proclaim to be a man of the people and lecture us about looking after the planet when you obviously couldn't give a..................

Then there's his blatant tax avoidance, an his plane being registered to an off shore company.

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-stewards-dismiss-mercedes-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-protests-as-team.Q8StGwXFdORYlI32Jggoz.html

Question: the above talks about the safety car having to come in once the sign had been shown. Nowhere does their statement refer to the real issue, that of the lapped cars. Are they just ignoring that?

Seems like it. Their defence appears to be “once we ordered the safety car in, it had to come in.”

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Seems like it. Their defence appears to be “once we ordered the safety car in, it had to come in.”

Maybe that was the basis of the Mercedes protest then? And the lapped cars thing wasn't even part of their complaint?

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yes, surely his position is untenable now but like Brundle said earlier,.who else can do it

The rules are there, this person only has to enforce them. It shouldn’t be that difficult in theory. 
It’s when they start to do random shit like today that it all unravels. 

• Like 1

I’m no massive Lewis fan but I still feel like I’ve been robbed of something today. 
Whatever the stewards decided it would be the same feeling.

They **** up an incredible finale, there were several options open to them not to screw up that last 5 laps but they absolutely ruined it.

I’m gutted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m no massive Lewis fan but I still feel like I’ve been robbed of something today. 
Whatever the stewards decided it would be the same feeling.

They **** up an incredible finale, there were several options open to them not to screw up that last 5 laps but they absolutely ruined it.

I’m gutted.

If they wanted to ignore the rules in the name of entertainment they should have red flagged a few laps earlier and then we'd have had a straight shoot out on new softs.

• Like 1