Weekends Football 1/3 January/Midweek Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

53 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder if Wilder is in danger of the sack? It would seem harsh given what he’s done to get them up from League One, but all signs point to them heading straight back down with a new record low points tally. I just wonder if they’ll panic and pull the trigger soon. 

If he didn't have the two promotions and legendary status he'd have gone before Bilic.

Difficult to see what they do now. In normal circumstances he'd be a solid bet to get them straight back up like Dyche did with Burnley 5 years ago and Farke is doing with Norwich now.

However we saw in 16/17 that losing every week and getting relegated by January takes a good 6 months to get over and you're more likely to be in bottom half of championship. Huddersfield went down in similar fashion two years back and they only stayed up in championship two games before the end.

If you have to be relegated it's better to end the season reasonably strongly and then keep it going start of the next season. Thought Bournemouth would struggle this year but they did go down winning 2 of their last 4 and kept many more first team players than I expected.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just saw the Eze goal **** hell Ramsdale is the worst top flight keeper ever. A 35 year old shot to bits Given got down quicker than that

He is terrible. Falls like a willow tree.

Imagine if we'd signed him instead of Martinez....infact don't as we'd be nowhere near top 6.

Thought Connolly was going to score goal of the season with a bicycle kick just then. He always impresses me with his workrate and runs, just needs to score a few more. If he didn't epitomise our current problem up front I'd love us to go for him.

10 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

They’ve got some interesting players but still such a boring side Brighton.

Deserve to go down for giving contracts to Welbeck and Lallana

Yeah, I imagine if they go down there will be no shortage of suitors for Ben White, Yves Bissouma, Leandro Trossard, Tariq Lamptey and I'm sure a few others. I'd happily have all 4 at Villa.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

They’ve got some interesting players but still such a boring side Brighton.

Deserve to go down for giving contracts to Welbeck and Lallana

Think they are quite entertaining actually, play nice football which is nice to watch, they are just lacking quality players to do what the manager wants. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, I imagine if they go down there will be no shortage of suitors for Ben White, Yves Bissouma, Leandro Trossard, Tariq Lamptey and I'm sure a few others. I'd happily have all 4 at Villa.

Maupay as well? 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The defending is horrible, but it's a lovely run

Nice effort. He's a lot of fun to watch. Glad he was useless against us.

He almost looks a bit embarrassed, like it’s the men’s team playing the under 14’s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The defending is horrible, but it's a lovely run

Nice effort. He's a lot of fun to watch. Glad he was useless against us.

good goal Grealish like dribbling BUT I think Ramsdale is still diving for it. The only keeper I have seen to dive in slow motion was Lee Camp

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Brighton easily the most overrated premier league team this season.

Woeful defending there. They did the hard work by actually taking the lead for once but blown it already.

You heard of a team called Leeds United?

Â