Weekends Football 1/3 January/Midweek Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

21 minutes ago, deeps said:

Scary really how poor SU look. Always felt they punched a little last season but this is some fall. 

They look better than West Brom to me, they just can't seem to pick up any points. Their confidence must be completely shot now.

• Like 1

Lots of Sheffield United fans argue that Wilder is the best manager to bring them back up next season, but the way their form is going I wonder that they're more likely to get relegated again than get promoted. In some ways feel sorry for Wilder he did a very good job in bringing them from league one to the premier league and then having a very good season in the top flight, but unless they can turn this season around it will most likely be what he's most remembered for as their manager.

• Like 1

I wonder if Wilder is in danger of the sack? It would seem harsh given what he’s done to get them up from League One, but all signs point to them heading straight back down with a new record low points tally. I just wonder if they’ll panic and pull the trigger soon. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Zaha has just pushed his hand into another player's face again.

I was disappointed we didn't make more of a fuss about his actions at Villa Park - this knob really does need a suspension or two.

He comes across as an utter word removed 

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder if Wilder is in danger of the sack? It would seem harsh given what he’s done to get them up from League One, but all signs point to them heading straight back down with a new record low points tally. I just wonder if they’ll panic and pull the trigger soon. 

Sky commentary just said owner will stick with him even if the worst happened. Then again they won’t come out and say you’ve got x games to turn it round publicly. 

It really does show just how much of a role confidence plays, it’s easy from the outside to just look at teams on paper and assume that is the standard you’d get.

I tipped them to go down rock bottom last year, and said it wouldn’t surprise me if they were around Derby’s total, because on paper the squad is atrocious. And then somehow they finish 9th after getting and maintaining momentum.

Almost the polar opposite of us in way as we looked really good first few games imo but had a bit of bad luck and some individual mistakes and then before you know it confidence is low and it’s so hard to recover.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sheffield just brought on a 16 year old. 

You've got to question if that's right with this team under the cosh all the time. 

For the players development? Arguably not. For their chances in that game? Everything else they've been doing hasn't worked either so what's the harm

Â