Weekends Football 1/3 January/Midweek Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

Just now, kidlewis said:

Because we beat United or draw and go a point clear with two games in hand on West Ham. 

im looking up the table not down it 

If we beat United then fair enough. But I was assuming we won't. And our run fixtures is horrendous.

Also, I don't expect us to be near Everton in May but West Ham are a team we can finish above I think. 

Let's see, but for me, a draw would have been a good result for us in that game. Or even an Everton win. 

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

If we beat United then fair enough. But I was assuming we won't. And our run fixtures is horrendous.

Also, I don't expect us to be near Everton in May but West Ham are a team we can finish above I think. 

Let's see, but for me, a draw would have been a good result for us in that game. Or even an Everton win. 

Tbf if we are still above West Ham in Jan they won’t be near us come May, end of Feb and March is basically NoDeal Brexit for them. 

Just now, kidlewis said:

Tbf if we are still above West Ham in Jan they won’t be near us come May, end of Feb and March is basically NoDeal Brexit for them. 

I don't know what that means but I would be amazed if we are that far ahead of a team as good as West Ham after playing Man United, Spurs, Man City and Everton. Especially when we start that run on the exact same points!

Anyway, let's see. 

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I don't know what that means but I would be amazed if we are that far ahead of a team as good as West Ham after playing Man United, Spurs, Man City and Everton. Especially when we start that run on the exact same points!

Anyway, let's see. 

It means West Ham end of Feb to March is just as bad if not worse than our January. 

if we are ahead of them end of Jan they’ll be well behind us come May

43 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

It means West Ham end of Feb to March is just as bad if not worse than our January. 

if we are ahead of them end of Jan they’ll be well behind us come May

I'll be shocked and delighted in equal measure if we are ahead of West Ham come end of Jan.

Manchester United haven't gone second.  They've gone level with Liverpool at the top apparently. 

Would any other club have that reporting? No, it would just be second place on goal difference. 

Representatives for Wellingborough. 

17 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Everton have some good players but their form has been near identical to us pretty much the whole season. Won their first 4 (like us). Lost 5/6 during October/November like us. Had a good xmas period and also lost last night in a game they would be expecting to get a draw at least.

Can't see them finishing with 60+ points tbh so they should be in range. They've got a very tough run up to the start of March so don't really see them pulling away from us.

We certainly should be finishing above West Ham. They've reverted to type since fluking that win v us, still can get some good wins but more away from home.

27 minutes ago, penguin said:

I understand restricting space for this Leeds side and hitting them on the break, that’s their weakness. But this is dire by Spurs at the moment, tempo far too slow once they win the ball back.

If you gave me the choice of Jose or Keegan on a bucket I’d take Jose every single time.

Jose has set his side up to win this game and that is exactly what they’ll do. Could they be more expansive when they have the ball? Yes but that’s what Leeds want. 

There is a reason Jose has won everything and Bielsa has won nothing and it’s not down to the clubs they’ve managed.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

If you gave me the choice of Jose or Keegan on a bucket I’d take Jose every single time.

Jose has set his side up to win this game and that is exactly what they’ll do. Could they be more expansive when they have the ball? Yes but that’s what Leeds want. 

There is a reason Jose has won everything and Bielsa has won nothing and it’s not down to the clubs they’ve managed.

I completely agree. 

Bielsa is an idealist-  I can understand why "bigger clubs" haven't taken the gamble on him because he just won't sacrifice his ideals and that's going to be the difference between getting honours and not at the top end. It's great to watch and no wonder why other managers have been influenced by him and adopted some of his ideas but it's also no wonder it's always parts of rather than the whole philosophy. 

Mourinho is almost the polar opposite and is possible one of the most "reactive" managers around in terms of his game-plan is primarily around negating the opposition and he has to have one of the best "big-game" records in the game.

This is ideal opponent for Spurs really.

Still looking forward to when we play them. Can't be having Jack suspended as he's going to win a ridiculous number of free kicks in that game and Spurs have been dodgy defending them in recent weeks.

Â