Weekends Football 1/3 January/Midweek Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

West Brom and Burnley are the only relegation threatened teams that I wouldn't want a player from if they go down.

Sheff Utd only don't join them because of Berge's reputation. He hasn't impressed me at all when I've watched them, but has had some moments of class and is surrounded by crap.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Schalke 04 doing their best to rival Sheffield U for crappiest team of the season

double the points for Schalke 🤣

you would hope they can arrange a friendly at the end of the season to see who is the best of the best

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Schalke 04 doing their best to rival Sheffield U for crappiest team of the season

I just checked the table. Wow. I blindly assumed when Wagner left they improved.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

West Brom and Burnley are the only relegation threatened teams that I wouldn't want a player from if they go down.

Sheff Utd only don't join them because of Berge's reputation. He hasn't impressed me at all when I've watched them, but has had some moments of class and is surrounded by crap.

I would take Gallagher from Baggies over Berge though he isnt there player. Pereira looked good when he came on vs Liverpool though cant say ive seen too much of him

Burnley if the price is right I would take Wood as an alternative to Watkins

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, I imagine if they go down there will be no shortage of suitors for Ben White, Yves Bissouma, Leandro Trossard, Tariq Lamptey and I'm sure a few others. I'd happily have all 4 at Villa.

Webster, MacAllister too. They seem to sign 3/4 young gambles every year plus whatever the squad needs

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I just checked the table. Wow. I blindly assumed when Wagner left they improved.

They last won a league game on January 17th 2020.

30 straight league games without a win and only 10 points in total.

Edited by sne
  • Shocked 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I would take Gallagher from Baggies over Berge though he isnt there player. Pereira looked good when he came on vs Liverpool though cant say ive seen too much of him

Burnley if the price is right I would take Wood as an alternative to Watkins

The one I really want is Anguissa. It's a shame Fulham signed him for £30m! Pereira looks alright, although I'd much prefer we look for a 'big' LW signing next year and push Grealish back into the middle when Barkley goes back.

Wood isn't a bad shout actually as his wages would be sensible at Burnley.

34 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Wolves form not great is it. Wonder if Costa will end up there being a Mendes client

spacer.png

I think if Mendes suggests it then Costa will say no way.

TBH, usually when a player terminates his contract it’s because he already has something lined up. He wouldn’t turn down £150k a week to sit on the bench if he wasn’t going to walk into something else quickly. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

good goal Grealish like dribbling BUT I think Ramsdale is still diving for it. The only keeper I have seen to dive in slow motion was Lee Camp

Joe Hart in any international tournament for England. 

Bloke went down in instalments. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

maybe harsh on Johnstone but I think a better keeper saves that, 

I honestly never understood what people saw in him, I always thought he was at best average. So so pleased we've managed to sort our goalkeeper out finally. 

• Like 1

Â