Weekends Football 1/3 January/Midweek Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

One weekend where I'm hoping Newcastle bore their way to a 0-0. Third straight game Leicester would drop points in.

It's not really a game that concerns us as I think we will be well below Leicester but a few places above Newcastle come the end of the season. 

That said, I've got a couple of Leicester players in my FPL team so I'm rooting for them.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It's not really a game that concerns us as I think we will be well below Leicester but a few places above Newcastle come the end of the season. 

That said, I've got a couple of Leicester players in my FPL team so I'm rooting for them.

They're a good team for sure (as they've proved since half time) but I can't see them getting past 70 points this season. Last season they only actually finished on 62 points despite being on a really good run first half of that season so I suspect they'll be around that figure again.

10 more wins fo us is realistic I'd say and would get us to 56 points so don't see why we couldn't be within 5 points of them end of the season.

I think Newcastle is going to be finishing around 16th so a few places above them would represent a massively disappointing second half of the season so hopefully that won't be happening.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

If in doubt get big Andy Carroll on because that is the problem. Not your cancerous football or midfield.

Carroll scores.

Fecking Bruce used up his three subs already so Dwight Gayle unused sub. Would be ideal for last 10 minutes.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Our first team can match Leicester's but they have a far better squad and for that reason I think we will finish below them. 

Think their first team is some way better than ours and their squad is miles better.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Think their first team is some way better than ours and their squad is miles better.

How many of their first team would you take over ours. I would definately have Martinez, Grealish, Luiz  and Mcginn  and maybe one of our cbs. Cash maybe = to Justin as well. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How many of their first team would you take over ours. I would definately have Martinez, Grealish, Luiz  and Mcginn  and maybe one of our cbs. Cash maybe = to Justin as well. 

That's still only just over half with "maybe one of our cbs" and ignoring that Pereira is way better than Justin and Cash! I also think you're being a little biased if you don't think Ndidi would make our team.

• Like 1

Leicester have a good team but my point is their good team only got to 62 points last year despite them being in amazing form for half of last year (pretty much book ended by the two hammerings they gave us.).

Don't forget they remain in europa so that could impact on dropping points later on in the season.

If they're finishing on around 62 points this season I don't see why we can't be within range of them as surely getting 50 + points is a very realistic target for us now.

They also massively changed their 11 for the Palace game last week and were 5 minutes away from losing that so it's not that amazing and they still need Vardy in final third to make it all work just as we do with Jack.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The beginning of the end for Lampard

Now Ole is doing well again and Arteta has started winning the media will finally have to start calling him out a bit.

Man. City completely overwhelmed them so far. Don't understand him taking Giroud out considering it's been nearly a week since they played us, the ball simply sticks better with him as CF.

In their next 5 games they've got Leicester and Spurs away so feels a make or break period. Even Fulham away is much harder now than when we played them. Atletico Madrid should also comfortably knock thme out of CL.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes Pereira is outstanding but been out a long while. Ndidi vs Luiz is a close one. I would definately have Maddison in a combined team as well as Barnes. 

How many points do you think they're capable of getting? Some people on here seem to think likely top 6 will all be finishing on 80 + points so just curious. Was really surprised they only got 62 last year, we got two more in 09/10 so dosen't suggest they were that special as they had a similar slump to what we had in 08/09 so pretty much identical season.

Â