Weekends Football 1/3 January/Midweek Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Same age as John Motson  then. 

Motty retired from TV about a decade ago, just did the odd one on MOTD and the radio every other week and now just contributes to Talksport every Monday so he's learnt the art of slowing down.

Barry Davies also bowed out from Football mid 60s I think although he still pops up on the Olympics.

Think Alan Parry isn't far off mid 70s either.

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Could honestly do without Martin Tyler breathing in to my ear ever again. Do they not do a soundcheck on this shit? Sounds like a nonce in a schoolyard. 

Martin Tyler was one of the announcers who i learned a lot about English football from in the mid 90s. He is an encyclopedia and well spoken. Puts most American sports announcers to shame. 

Fair play to Southampton.

Liverpool 1st XI proving pretty easy to line up against this season; Klopp doesn't really seem to have another gear. 

A team with quick full-backs who can nullify Robertson and Trent and man marking on Mané and Salah is stealing a lot of points from them.

Firmino has been an absolute luxury and a passenger lately.

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Martin Tyler was one of the announcers who i learned a lot about English football from in the mid 90s. He is an encyclopedia and well spoken. Puts most American sports announcers to shame. 

He is none of them, a shit commentator who favours soundbites and stories instead of commentary. a disgrace to the art

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

statistically Liverpool must be one of the worst defending champions ever, they have dropped a lot of points so far

And yet they are still top of the league. 

This is a poor season in general. Nobody is having a good, consistent season and the fact Liverpool are top despite playing so badly says a lot. Even if they have played one game more. 

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is none of them, a shit commentator who favours soundbites and stories instead of commentary. a disgrace to the art

Harsh. He's definitely lost a step but I'll always be fond of him and I'm happy to cut him slack nowadays. 

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

statistically Liverpool must be one of the worst defending champions ever, they have dropped a lot of points so far

Blackburn 96 and Leicester 2017 were far worse but then they were shock winners. Man. United aftet they won the league last finished 7th next season, Moyes effect. And that's before we come to Chelsea 15/16 who completely threw half the season to get Mourinho out.

Liverpool won't be finishing as low as any of them.

Â