Team Spirit/Likeability

bobzy

Said it before, who, in this team, do you actually dislike? They're all very like ale characters and players. 

We're blessed right now. It'll only get better. Dean had an eye for the right kind of character and that seems as important as anything to us right now. You see nothing but love and respect between the players online. 

Tonight, Deano mentioned that it takes being in this league for 3 to 4 years before you see real depth in a squad. Imagine us after 3 or 4 more transfer windows if we keep spending £100m in each? 

• Like 1

Even the players who weren't good enough such as Samatta and Jota seemed like top blokes. 

I reckon the only bad egg we’ve signed in recent times is Drinkwater and even that was only a loan.

Personality and character is definitely a very important trait for our recruitment and so it should be. 

• Like 2

Spirit is key to any long term success and a bit of belief.  The players look far more comfortable with the league this season and we should no longer fear anyone.  

Each game can’t come soon enough and it’s a pleasure to watch.

• Like 2

I read an article somewhere about one of our data analysis guys. In it he said how absolutely everything was analysed about potential recruits including their character. It also looked into the character and type of clubs they’d played for in the past. I don’t think it is necessarily the be all and end all, obviously being a decent player helps, but it’s certainly a factor that is in the equation. 

So, to an up and coming promising new player, it could come down to this.

Join one of the " big 6" where you will win because it's your job and you are expected to.

Or...

Come to Villa, where you will win and you might enjoy playing the game. 

There is definitely something about this group of players. Many have come through some tough times together and forged a bond which has formed a solid foundation for the development of a very good team. The new additions like Watkins, Cash and  Martinez seem to be good professionals who have bought into this. 

The management and backroom staff deserve much credit for the quality of their recruitment and for making sure the characters fit together. Let's hope it continues as we start to land bigger fish and that no big egos unsettle the ship.

The likeability is a pure bonus. 😀

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

in a nutshell, this is the "culture" that Deano has spoken at length about developing over the last couple of years.

I applaud the coaches and players for developing the apparent culture at the club currently, honestly i can imagine that it must be a great squad for players to be in, they seem so together, and now they have a bit of leadership and street wise after last year.

wonderful stuff.

I would love to see an article piece, or 15 min youtube type vid on the culture etc within the club, talking to players, coaches etc etc, to get a feel for what its like internally.

Cant bode badly for new signings either, if as Ian Wright says, he see's us as "John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever" currently, the cool kids, hopefully players will look at us now and think.....yeah i wanna be part of that.

Men In Blazers a soccer podcast stateside calls us the frat house of the Prem. Honestly at first I didn't get it, but now you and that Ian Wright quote and I'm seeing it. 

• Thanks 1

The whole club on a whole has changed for the better, vetting people before coming in is a good thing but regardless of ability all player gets treated like humans, Jota , Nyland, Sammata didn’t have a future but where allowed to train with the first team until they found a suitable club instead of being bombed out like we did with previous players,  Cant imagine how the bombing out made regular first team starters feel imagine they would also feel quite annoyed seeing they’re mates being treated so poorly. Also love the interviews with the players always honest instead of being monotone and trying to say the right things

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I would love to see an article piece, or 15 min youtube type vid on the culture etc within the club, talking to players, coaches etc etc, to get a feel for what its like internally.

Dean did a talk at a Uni speaking about developing a culture in a business.

More effective than Tony Xia giving presentations.

Sorry I'm late to the topic, got locked behind my (baby) gate without access to my mobile...

Amazing how many bad eggs we've had over the recent years, but definitely getting a positive vibe from the club that i don't recall in my life time.  Just hope it ends with them winning something together. 

Â