Chelsea (0) v Aston Villa (3) pre match thread

One For The Road

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Watching the arsenal chelsea game, I wouldn’t be surprised if giroud starts against us as didn’t get off the bench for them

I'm sure that dicksplash has scored against us every time he's played.

• Like 1

If we do lose, it would be ample consolation if Ollie gets a goal. 

But, I would be more than satisfied if we win with an Ollie hat trick.

Its an old law or charter that Tammy has to score, may be lose our clean sheet. So we will give them that one and score another 2 or 3. 

4 would be even better 4:1 @ 100/1  my daft bet, but I have to have it. I reckon if I dont it will happen. My son says well for FFS dad stop putting it on and see

14 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Am I right in thinking we have 2 players on 4 yellows (SJM and Targett) and that there is an amnesty on Jan 1st?

Meaning if they don't get a yellow in this game, they won't be suspended should they get booked at Old Trafford?

If i was smith id tell them all to get a booking at the united game so all they would miss was a fa cup game.

Not really caring about fa cup this year and liverpool are going to want to avenge the humiliating result we inflicted on them

• Like 1

This is the first proper test. We should be brimming with confidence which has just grown and grown this season. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not, but I reckon we haven’t been in as good a place in the past 10 years. I think this is the crossroads right here, we find our new place in the division or it’s shown to be a false dawn and still a work in progress. These next 5 games should or break our season.

I feel a win.

Edited by thunderball

It's pretty clear we can create chances against any team, therefore in games like this  it is really about taking them. Chelsea will score 1-2 goals, it's whether we can find the net 3 times. Think we win 3-2 with Watkins and Grealish scoring - they are due.

6 pointer against Chelsea, who would of thought! 

The CP result will be so good for the players, it'll hopefully keep them focused on DIET and recovery over today and tomorrow before the game. 

Hopefully after Chelsea's loss their players went home to drink red wine and eat pigs in blanket. 

16 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I've had 2 pre match threads and won them both 3-0 (Arsenal and Palace), so it would be remiss of me to not start another.

Fancy a tough game but we will scrape it 3-0 with an Ollie hat-trick, and by god he deserves it.

Same team apart from the Konsa in for Mings.

What a joy it is to watch this Villa team.

UTV

Putting the score in the title I think by the laws of tempting fate in the universe means we won't win this. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Putting the score in the title I think by the laws of tempting fate in the universe means we won't win this. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

Ah well. Its a good job nothing I do has an effect on the game. Especially as I'm 10,000 miles away. :)

• Haha 1

Looking at the stats of the Chelsea game the scoreline flatters Arsenal. (

They conceded by a penalty, a brilliant free kick and a cross that went in. Mount was their tailsman hitting the post with a free kick, winning Chelsea's penalty (which was saved)

Keep mount quiet I think we keep Chelsea quiet. If we beat them we can be 3 points ahead with two games in hand....

Edited by Lord Willard

After two comfortable wins I think I this one is a real test. Chelsea won't be happy with the Aresnal result and Frank will want a reaction. 

I think the team picks it's self. Konsa for Mings and that's it. Both Traore and ElGhazi will have to I put in a shift against two attack minded full backs but we have enough to hurt them going the other way.