Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Even with all these sanctions they are doing better than us. It’s pathetic 

Our squad is appalling, we need a whole new team, and it's not Smith's fault.

I wonder how many of those in the Blues team would get into ours...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Our squad is appalling, we need a whole new team, and it's not Smith's fault.

I wonder how many of those in the Blues team would get into ours...

Their defence is better than ours Sadly 

Pains me to say it but they’re a far better organised and balanced team than us at the moment (and have been for a while) and seem to play as a team. 

In midweek when they went down to ten men you could see how they stuck together and kept pushing forward. I fear we’d absolutely crumble in the same situation.

Not looking forward to the game at the sty. They’re long overdue a win against us and on the basis of our current results it’s hard to fancy us for a win. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldn’t go as far as that but it’s hard to argue that monks doing a better job than smith. Smiths had a kind fixture list and his point returns been pretty poor 

You do realise that Monk has managed them for all of their games this season, whilst Smith missed the first 10 for us... 

...we’re on the same amount points. 

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldn’t go as far as that but it’s hard to argue that monks doing a better job than smith. Smiths had a kind fixture list and his point returns been pretty poor 

Kind fixture list includes away to Derby, West Brom, Norwich, Boro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

You do realise that Monk has managed them for all of their games this season, whilst Smith missed the first 10 for us... 

Please don't give me that.

Blues have spent nothing compared to us in this league. The fact they are above us is just embarrassing.

Monk is performing miracles with an awful team.

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Blues have spent nothing compared to us in this league. The fact they are above us is just embarrassing.

You’re missing the point. 

The debate is,  Monk is doing a better job than Smith. Smith has had, what 15 games, and joined part way through a season,  Monk has had 43, including a full summer window. 

But anyway, yes we have spent a lot under the previous managers, have all of those purchases worked out for us? No...it doesn’t matter how much we spend if the style of play/tactics/morale etc is all wrong. This is what Smith is having to change - notice how barely anything was spent in the last window (his first window with us). And just because Birmingham haven’t spent anything doesn’t mean they don’t know how to play as a team with some decent players... 

it really is a stupid comparison, and to say that Smith isn’t doing as well as Monk is just rediculous. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

it really is a stupid comparison, and to say that Smith isn’t doing as well as Monk is just rediculous. 

No it's not.

If Chelsea underperformed their first 12 games and were in the bottom half of the table when the manager got sacked. Is it then ridicilous to say that the new manager should get above West Ham at the end of the season?

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No it's not.

If Chelsea underperformed their first 12 games and were in the bottom half of the table when the manager got sacked. Is it then ridicilous to say that the new manager should get above West Ham at the end of the season?

It all depends doesn’t it. There’s a whole number of factors that come into play. Ours this season is that the majority of our players are over the hill, in the final year of their contract, and probably don’t give a shit... so, how is smith supposed to get the best out of that lot? He probably will from a few of them, but not all. Hence the need for changes in the squad to improve balance and the mentality. 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Image result for harry redknapp jota

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kind fixture list includes away to Derby, West Brom, Norwich, Boro

Remind me of the fixtures from all of Jan 1st and the points total? 

12 hours ago, Tayls said:

They have played a lot more difficult games than us in Jan and are above us. Let's wake up there is a strong possibility they can finish above us if they don't get a points deduction or we don't improve. 

We could t even beat lame Reading and now we sheff united coming to town. 

11 hours ago, Tayls said:

You’re missing the point. 

The debate is,  Monk is doing a better job than Smith. Smith has had, what 15 games, and joined part way through a season,  Monk has had 43, including a full summer window. 

But anyway, yes we have spent a lot under the previous managers, have all of those purchases worked out for us? No...it doesn’t matter how much we spend if the style of play/tactics/morale etc is all wrong. This is what Smith is having to change - notice how barely anything was spent in the last window (his first window with us). And just because Birmingham haven’t spent anything doesn’t mean they don’t know how to play as a team with some decent players... 

How is a stupid comparison?? We are not talking about 2-3games here we are talking about more than ten. No one is saying they want Smith out or uts fault but how can you argue Blose are not doing better with us with a poorer squad, financial restrictions and played tougher games than us in Jan. 

I think people are just looking at them as Blose butthere is a possibility they could finish above us and that for me is embarrassing. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

In last 15 games we have 5 more points than blues including beating them so Smith has more points than Monk since he came in

Compare Jan's games where they have played tougher sides than us yet got more points. 

We couldn't have asked for a better set of fixtures and we won one game against the worst team in the league by only a one goal margin. 

Sorry liek Smith but that's not good enough points return 

Â