Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

11 losses in 19 games for zola. So much for the new manager bounce. They should give him next season to see if he can turn it around, and the season after that if next season goes badly too. 

39 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The season isn't long enough for us or them in very different ways :)

True but they always deliver do SHA, every decade I have lived they have done something wonderful.  Relegation this year would be truly brilliant and even if we don't get into the playoffs they are still there for us, always smaller and now and again doing what we want.

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

True but they always deliver do SHA, every decade I have lived they have done something wonderful.  Relegation this year would be truly brilliant and even if we don't get into the playoffs they are still there for us, always smaller and now and again doing what we want.

I wouldn't mind them winning on Saturday to be honest, it would help us and might help keep Zola in post to finish the job next season.

35 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I wouldn't mind them winning on Saturday to be honest, it would help us and might help keep Zola in post to finish the job next season.

I just checked who they're actually playing....no way is Rowett losing to Zola at the Sty. That is a result that just will not happen (will put a fiver on as insurance ;))

I listened to the phone-in on WM yesterday. Every single caller from them wanted them to sack Zola and make Paul Robinson manager, possibly aided by other senior players (?)

They also plan to chant 'there's only one Gary Rowett' before kick off, so that should make an interesting atmosphere. 

I can still see them beating us.

We're by far the better team, the more in form team and if it was any other team we'd beat them.

But we're Aston Villa and we like to make things hard.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I can still see them beating us.

We're by far the better team, the more in form team and if it was any other team we'd beat them.

But we're Aston Villa and we like to make things hard.

No way. Against this sorry bunch currently I would accept nothing less than absolute destruction

22 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

No way. Against this sorry bunch currently I would accept nothing less than absolute destruction

Well that's kind of my point. We absolutely SHOULD be beating them.

But it would be typical for us to balls it up.

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Is that 2 wins in 21 now for Zola? Meanwhile Rowett has 2 in 3 at Derby.

Legend.

Great work by their new owners... 

Didn't realise he was sacked as he didn't sign a new contract.

Fair play to the owners for taking such a strong stance...

...especially with where it's taken them B)

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn't realise he was sacked as he didn't sign a new contract.

There are various tales on this, wanted a new contract, wouldn't sign one, wanted more money, was flirting with clubs about other jobs....

Who knows which if any is true, it could just have been new owners wanting their own man.

Whatever the reason I applaud the decision and hope they continue making such wise moves. :)

• Like 4

Â