Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

how many points usually gets you relegated in a 24 team division?

I believe it's around 48-50

Edit;

Finishing points for 21st last 5 seasons:

15/16 - 49

14/15 - 46

13/14 - 44

12/13 - 55

11/12 - 48

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

People often ask why should we care about them, or find it embarrassing that we mock them particularly when we are having a rough time of it ourselves. 

I would argue that seeing as we are literally their only reason for existing it would be remiss of us to not laugh at their own consistent abject failure. They are a joke of a club, one so pathetic that they are one of the few in the pyramid who have been even more of a circus than we ourselves over the last 5/6 years. Which is astonishing when you think about it. 

Rowett was a bit of a prat with his wage demands granted. However to go from that to appointing a man with a proven track record of failure as a manager and where they are now takes a special kind of special. One that only small heath manage to nail time after time. 

• Like 1

The thing for me is that Villa at its worst in 40 years, having been run into the ground by an idiot owner and a succession of poor managers.

Yet somehow, despite at one stage being 3 pts from 2nd place Small Heath have imploded in spectacular fashion to out do us. So much so that they are now in the relegation fight.

That this transformation in fortune was brought about by their new owners after waiting years for a takeover is just funny.

Its funny, that even at our worst they still manage to just go that extra mile.

Its funny that the noses I know have gone very quiet after being very mouthy just a few months ago.

I'm looking forward to Rowett taking his new Derby side there next month...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

People often ask why should we care about them, or find it embarrassing that we mock them particularly when we are having a rough time of it ourselves. 

Completely fall in this category.  I cringe everytime we sing "Birmingham, are you listening..." when, say, beating Sheffield Wednesday at home.

I guess at least we're in the same league as them now, though.  Was worse singing it in the Prem.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Completely fall in this category.  I cringe everytime we sing "Birmingham, are you listening..." when, say, beating Sheffield Wednesday at home.

I guess at least we're in the same league as them now, though.  Was worse singing it in the Prem.

It's just a song we sing. The players can't really hear you, nobody is listening and thinking anything negative of you as a result. 

Each to their own of course, but in my opinion you're over thinking it :)

• Like 1

Blackburn and Wolves again picking up points tonight. Lovely stuff.

Points total to stay up gets higher every time it happens, you'd assume Bristol will win a couple of more games in the run in.

Think teams are going to need 50 points to be certain.

Great results last night.

Blackburn on a little run under Mowbray, unbeaten in 6.

Bristol play Friday night against Huddersfield, if they win that then the pressure is really on.

You would expect Forest to have a little run of form under Wharburton too.

Small Heath will surely lose to Newcastle on Sat so that cushion they have now could soon vanish. Their GD is horrible as well.

Yeah I noticed they have the second worse in the league!

The funny thing is evenue if they sack zola. Rowett has gone derby, Warburton has gone forest and pardew is likely to go Norwich. Who can they get that's out of work? Pearson??

Maybe they can get di matteo that would be epic :crylaugh:

21 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's just a song we sing. The players can't really hear you, nobody is listening and thinking anything negative of you as a result. 

Each to their own of course, but in my opinion you're over thinking it :)

Oh, I don't think it has any impact on anything - I just find it a bit cringeworthy.  Definitely each to their own, as you say :)

I've not paid much attention to Blues this season but it has to be said, Zola has a stunning record there:

Played: 18, lost: 11, won: 2, 11% win % LOL

It really does represent stunning mismanagement by their board given Rowett had them in play off contention.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I just cant see it happening. There are quite a few teams below them, and it would require them all to get multiple wins, while Birmingham get nothing. 

Just 7 games ago they were 12th and 12 points above the drop zone. Now they are 17th and 6 points above. They have some really tough fixtures and are already in dire form. The next game you'd expect them to win, Rotherham away, is still four games away by which time an already dire run is likely to have gotten worse and they could be either in the drop zone or just a couple of points outside. They are in real trouble.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I just cant see it happening. There are quite a few teams below them, and it would require them all to get multiple wins, while Birmingham get nothing. 

Wolves are already getting multiple wins, Blackburn are unbeaten under Mowbray (2 wins and 3 draws I think), Bristol have just taken 4 points from last two games and Burton regularly pick up points. Only dodgy looking one is Forest but they'll probably pick up under Warburton.

I agree it's more likely they'll stay up than go down but it's not as unrealistic as it looked for them to go down in 2011 season when they were well clear of the bottom 3.

Something like this would relegate them I reckon:

Newcastle (H)- Lose.

Ipswich (A)- Draw

Derby (H)- Lose

Rotherham (A)- Draw

Burton (H)- Draw

Brighton (A)- Lose

Us (A)- Lose

Huddersfield (h)- Draw

Bristol (A)- Lose

48 points.

Key is the Rotherham game. If they win that they'll probably pick up a few more points and be o.k. Rotherham are pretty competitive when it's 0-0, they just fold if they concede an early goal.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Just 7 games ago they were 12th and 12 points above the drop zone. Now they are 17th and 6 points above. They have some really tough fixtures and are already in dire form. The next game you'd expect them to win, Rotherham away, is still four games away by which time an already dire run is likely to have gotten worse and they could be either in the drop zone or just a couple of points outside. They are in real trouble.

Zola is going to get sacked in the next two matches which will cause their form to pick up. Only way Zola doesn't get sacked is if they get some miracle result in the next few matches and that would likely see them staying in the division. 

Basically I think if they lose the next two, Zola is gone, then a new manager will at least get a couple wins. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Basically I think if they lose the next two, Zola is gone, then a new manager will at least get a couple wins. 

Maybe mate. Depends on who that new manager is as they got zero bounce out of Zola.

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Maybe mate. Depends on who that new manager is as they got zero bounce out of Zola.

I really think they are in a situation like we were with Lambert before Tim took over. The team looks so dead and has zero confidence. Honestly I could probably come in and simply just tell them they can do it and they'd probably get a few results. The team needs a change. The players look like they hate themselves at the moment. 

Â