Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

What do you think the chances of them selling the ground before they sell up trees?

I have no idea.

I wouldn't have thought it would be worth much!

Must be worth something to one of the supermarket chains?

If it happens.....which it could, lets face it.....will it be one of those JFK moments? Will every Villa supporter remember exactly what they were doing when the SHA finally bit the dust?

What do you think the chances of them selling the ground before they sell up trees?

I have no idea.

I wouldn't have thought it would be worth much!

Must be worth something to one of the supermarket chains?

If it happens.....which it could, lets face it.....will it be one of those JFK moments? Will every Villa supporter remember exactly what they were doing when the SHA finally bit the dust?

Laughing uncontrollably? 

Highly unlikely and I really can't see them losing their ground as that rarely happens to any club. Administration and relegation is about as good as it is going to get being realistic.

As for Yeung, wasn't he in court yesterday? Any news on that?

It is interesting and I don't think there are many that know what is really going on. I know the Birmingham City researcher for football manager and he is certain that everything is reasonably ok in terms of the clubs finances and the problems are in the holding company. He also reckons that they'll be pretty much ok once Yeung is gone and that he is basically holding them back because they have no money whilst he is around.

They have no more parachute payments, try are done they had their last one this season. So if they just remain in the Championship next season their income will decrease by £8m before a ball is even kicked.

I was told that they had a final one in January. I have no idea how such payments work. Could it be that this is their final season of them and payments are staged?

They have no more parachute payments, try are done they had their last one this season. So if they just remain in the Championship next season their income will decrease by £8m before a ball is even kicked.

I was told that they had a final one in January. I have no idea how such payments work. Could it be that this is their final season of them and payments are staged?

Ah yes.

It is entirely logical that the payments would be staggered or in instalments, so they could well have one or more remaining payments. The parachute payments are normally only discussed in terms of years and this is definitely their final year of being eligible for them but it makes perfect sense that the payments themselves aren't made in one go.

I thought they'd sold their parachute payments?

That was the rumour yes and I think it did have some substance.

If they did, they would effectively have sold their future payment(s) for a smaller amount, I guess if the payments are staggered from the PL which on reflection makes perfect sense then they may or may not have sold some of those payments but not all. Who knows.

The only certainty is that their income will drop next season by £8m with the loss of the parachute payment, regardless of it they sold it this year or not as they won't have it to sell next season.

Obviously nobody really knows the scale of the problems at Small Heath, the researcher could well be right, the club itself could be healthy but being drained by the owner. However, the Yeung has loaned the club £14m in order to help with its running so I doubt it personally.

I struggle to see anyone being willing to pay the price he wants for the club, pay his loan and then fund it going forward. But then if HMRC is paid up then that seriously reduces the chances of administration, so who knows where this one is heading really.

Nothing on twatter from Tom Ross this evening, which leads me to suspect that the radio 'special' won't be happening tomorrow.

Perhaps all is back on.

Bored with it all now. My only real interest was to see Colin mixing it up on the Birmingham football scene!

Nothing on twatter from Tom Ross this evening, which leads me to suspect that the radio 'special' won't be happening tomorrow.

Perhaps all is back on.

Bored with it all now. My only real interest was to see Colin mixing it up on the Birmingham football scene!

A collection of Colins at the Sty then!

Edited by Robbie09

You have to love the guy but more than that you have to love the fact they tried to lord it over us thinking they had got him ahead of us.

Too funny.

So I assume on the radio this evening he will be talking about why the deal isn't happening? If so that is great news, the longer this drags on the better.

You have to love the guy but more than that you have to love the fact they tried to lord it over us thinking they had got him ahead of us.

Too funny.

So I assume on the radio this evening he will be talking about why the deal isn't happening? If so that is great news, the longer this drags on the better.

That was how it was given to me earlier in the week. Paladini and his backers had pulled out of the deal and the radio 'special' was to explain why.

With all the player sales they have made and Zigic's contract almost up they must have their wage bill under control now.

You would think they would be able to survive on the income from the championship alone next season without needing administration.

Â