Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

With all the player sales they have made and Zigic's contract almost up they must have their wage bill under control now.

You would think they would be able to survive on the income from the championship alone next season without needing administration.

Even though Zigic's contract is almost up, it probably runs to the end of June, which means another £2.5m that they can ill afford.

With all the player sales they have made and Zigic's contract almost up they must have their wage bill under control now.

You would think they would be able to survive on the income from the championship alone next season without needing administration.

Even though Zigic's contract is almost up, it probably runs to the end of June, which means another £2.5m that they can ill afford.

Sometimes in life you have to take a gamble, though. I think they need to gamble on his goals firing them back into the Prem by offering him another contract. On more money, of course, to reward his loyalty to them during the last  few lean years. Hell, he could have gone anywhere with his talent but he chose to stick around and be a team player. It's a shame there aren't more like him, he's a real diamond geezer.

• Like 1

Sometimes in life you have to take a gamble, though. I think they need to gamble on his goals firing them back into the Prem by offering him another contract. On more money, of course, to reward his loyalty to them during the last  few lean years. Hell, he could have gone anywhere with his talent but he chose to stick around and be a team player. It's a shame there aren't more like him, he's a real diamond geezer.

Of course, if they go into administration, all contracts are void.

It must be tempting for them.

I'm confused, is there a radio show tonight for the buyers to say it is all off and the reasons why?

'All off' at the present time. If the seller is different (an administrator) then I think that Paladini's group would be straight back in.

Tbf, why buy it as a going concern, when you can string them along until they run out of money, then pick up the pieces for **** all? I wonder if that was the strategy?

The gist of it - Paladini said that he has a signed agreement from Pannu to buy them but since then they haven't contacted him once to clarify the agreement. That he went to Hong Kong to meet Pannu but couldn't find him and has spent 15 months chasing ghosts. Basically the chinks are giving him the runaround and he now plans to go to Hong Kong again to talk direct to Yeung. Good luck with that Pal hahaha

Go on Hong Kong phoeey, you string this out for all you can!

:crylaugh:

• Like 1

The gist of it - Paladini said that he has a signed agreement from Pannu to buy them but since then they haven't contacted him once to clarify the agreement. That he went to Hong Kong to meet Pannu but couldn't find him and has spent 15 months chasing ghosts. Basically the chinks are giving him the runaround and he now plans to go to Hong Kong again to talk direct to Yeung. Good luck with that Pal hahaha

Go on Hong Kong phoeey, you string this out for all you can!

:crylaugh:

I wouldn't go around publically and say that out loud if I were you..  :huh:

• Like 3

Paladini said he had visited Hong Kong before to try and speak to acting chairman Pannu.

“I tried to contact him many times and I went to Hong Kong, but I couldn’t find him. I went to Hong Kong. Eventually  I came back because I couldn’t do anything.”

“How can you buy something you really want and the other people don’t want to give it to you,” Paladini lamented.

“It’s like I’ve fallen in love with a beautiful woman and she doesn’t want to know. What do you do? Kill yourself?

“You move on. But for me, it is Birmingham. I want to finish here. My career, my life - whatever.”

:puke:

Edited by SikhInTrinity

It is an interesting twist in all this, I had kind of assumed that they couldn't find a buyer but in reality based on the comments in that interview Yeung doesn't really want to sell or not at least to the buyer that is interested.

It is probably only a dispute over money but does sound like it has got a little personal and very messy.

Brilliant. :)

Pretty much what I have been told is what came out in the show. 

The fact that all parties had signed, but Yeung was blocking it, and that Paladini has had enough of being strung along.

I can't see that it is personal, as there has been no contact between Paladini and Yeung.

I also can't see beyond Paladini's consortium buying it eventually. Interestingly Paladini said that they had bid for 96% of the shares, but I am sure that I have been told somewhere that Yeung only holds 26%.

Perhaps the problem is chasing through China to round up the other shareholders

Â