Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I hear that on "sunday supplement" they were discussing how Carsen Yeung and his crew did not know what relegation was and had to have it explained to them.

Anyone got a link as to where i can catch this show

and their financial controller is not even qualified as an accountant and has got no "know how" as to working out the financial impact of them being relegated and bascially has not got a clue what financial step they should look for next.

My 1st ever ITK post.

*tin hat* english midfielder who on MOTD can score and can tackle and shone in a very shit team last season? i actually think blues could get double what they paid for him

If Liverpool come in the could get £25 million.

It's a sad time when poaching someone from your local rivals results in YOU being a laughing stock to THEM.

They want McLeish out after the relegation, not only are we giving them a way of doing that, but we are paying them for it, and letting him wind up at us. Sad sad times. I can't even console myself by saying 'oh well, at least we don't have Cameron Jerome up front', as I expect that will be the calibre of player we're going to come to expect at VP.

It's a sad time when poaching someone from your local rivals results in YOU being a laughing stock to THEM.

They want McLeish out after the relegation, not only are we giving them a way of doing that, but we are paying them for it, and letting him wind up at us. Sad sad times. I can't even console myself by saying 'oh well, at least we don't have Cameron Jerome up front', as I expect that will be the calibre of player we're going to come to expect at VP.

Playing Devil's Advocate, the likes of Cameron Jerome sign and play for that lot, as that is the calibre of player they attract. We (thank the Lord) are not sha, so why would we go signing that type of player just because of who the manager is? I'm sure McLeish wanted to sign better players than he did, but had to cut his cloth accordingly. For example has Redknapp signed the same calibre of player at Spurs that he did at Pompey (aside from the ones he actually signed from Pompey)? And even so, are you telling me you wouldn't want the likes of Foster, Dann or Johnson?

Every blose fan will tell you, 'your welcome to have Mcleish' but inside it's **** eating away at them that a guy they idolised only months ago for winning they're major trophy has walked away from them in the blink of an eye to join the old enemy.

After the league cup win, a bloke i work with was walking around calling him 'Sir Alex' then this week he tries to laugh at me for us appointing McLeish, pull the other one you blue scumbags.

For me forget those mugs down the road. They are in crisis. They are so obsessed with trying to get money out of us that they are forgetting their own problems. The board are signing players with no manager. Gomis for example the new manager won’t know about him so why the hell are they going ahead with this? Pre-season starts soon and Harry Hill is just making a right pigs ear. I suspect there will not be many people going for the sty job.

In addition those idiots are not even questioning why McLeish left. Clearly there are major problems there with the board interfering.

In addition those idiots are not even questioning why McLeish left.

I think they are, which is why we'll either get stung for compensation or investigated for tapping up. It's fairly obvious why he left, and I don't think anyone is actually buying that 'my position became untenable' story.

Playing Devil's Advocate, the likes of Cameron Jerome sign and play for that lot, as that is the calibre of player they attract. We (thank the Lord) are not sha, so why would we go signing that type of player just because of who the manager is? I'm sure McLeish wanted to sign better players than he did, but had to cut his cloth accordingly. For example has Redknapp signed the same calibre of player at Spurs that he did at Pompey (aside from the ones he actually signed from Pompey)? And even so, are you telling me you wouldn't want the likes of Foster, Dann or Johnson?

Whilst I agree with you, McLeish was given fairly decent funds to work with at Birmingham. At the moment, I wouldn't say we are any more an attractive club to come to than Birmingham were last season. A club who's fans are protesting before the seasons even started, underperforming, best player just left, other star player rumoured to want out.. I can't see many players really looking at us and going 'yes, thats the club I want to play for'. Which is part of the major problem Birmingham end up with substandard players, that players view them that way too. Obviously we are much more of an attractive prospect, but in light of all that's going on, McLeish is going to have to be damn good at pursuading to encourage players that this is the club to be at.

And, yes, I would love Scott Dann here. He was McLeish's best signing there by a long way. But I am not sure how keen Birmingham would be to sell to us, especially with the tapping up allegations. Dann, Johnson and Foster are going to be wanted by other clubs, and I think Birmingham would rather sell elsewhere than to us.

It's not just about the money available though Qwpzxjor1. Players of note simply won't go to the noses. In a way it's the exact opposite to Liverpool's situation. Even when Liverpool are doing poorly by their standards, much to many rival fans' amazement/bemusement, they can continue to attract top names. The stature of a club, the allure of a club, takes a long long time to change.

The noses might have had a few quid, but not enough to convince players to drop to their level on the footballing landscape. McLeish made some very good signings while at Rangers for example. This despite the financial restraints imposed on him. But he did at least have the allure of the size of the club in his favour (not to mention CL football). He shouldn't have many problems bringing good players here. As much as many fans like to bash their own club, we are still seen as one of the bigger clubs in the PL and he'll be given a good few bob to spend. We'll be alright. He'll be alright. We just need to give him a fighting chance.

My first ever football card had McLeish on it.

aberdeen-alex-mcleish-4-proset-1991-football-trading-card-21631-p.jpg

I wish so much better for him then to have to manage that shambles. :(

Fate you shithead, I didn't wish him that **** well! :shock:

Â