Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

They won't get to the group stages of the Europa unless they get a really cushy draw. They can't get results away from home, and if they get a tricky fixture with a long flight to Ukraine or something then they will get battered.

Considering they will almost certainly lose the likes of Foster, Dann, Johnson and Ferguson, they are not going to have a team who can compete in Europa. If they do get through and reach the group stages, then they'll probably be up for relegation again. Remember they couldn't deal with a Carling Cup run and still stay in the league, so very little chance of dealing with a competition which gives you midweek fixtures, lots of travelling, potentially hostile or cold conditions and then expects you back for your weekend game.

I'm delighted they got into the Europa.

They'll probably go by bus to Russia as well!!! :D

no one does everyone plays 1 qualifier

The only exception is that if the title-holder of the Europa League doesn't qualify for the CL, they automatically qualify for the EL group stage.

They won't get to the group stages of the Europa unless they get a really cushy draw.

I thought they qualified automatically for the group stages?

See Rapid Vienna, last two seasons :(

ah yeah, I'd forgotten about them, I must of completely removed those games from my memory!

hughtons a huge gamble. that newcastle team was far better than this blose squad. only a piss poor manager would not have been able to get them up.

i have heard he has trouble controlling the dressing room, good luck with that thug marlon king.

well done mcleish legend

To be fair I think Hughton would be a very good appointment for them. He strikes me as being a pretty decent bloke to, which is a shame, cus I'm gonna have to hate the word removed if he takes over there.

Why would he be a disaster? the opposite IMO.

Because I don't rate him at all and he strikes me as being more than a little weak.

Anyone could have got Newcastle promoted with the players he had at his disposal and many Newcastle fans believe he wasn't really managing the players but rather they were managing themselves.

I don't think he is a good manager and I don't think he will do a good job.

I agree he does seem a decent bloke and I wouldn't wish that job on anyone but if he wants the job I will take great pleasure in watching and waiting for it to go wrong.

The thing with Houghton is the side that got promoted was essentially the side that went down, he didn't have to do much in terms of building a team or squad. Yet if you look at the players he did sign, they weren't all that impressive.

The job at Small Heath is a lot bigger than the job at Newcastle, they don't have a squad with players of the calibre of Carroll, Enrique, Barton, Nolan and even Smith at that level. He would have to rebuild Small Heath while selling the best players and in all likelyhood not having a great deal to spend.

I don't think he will be up to the job.

Â