Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

45 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not too sure we can be too smug when discussing attendances - we haven't averaged over 85% capacity for the past 5 seasons and haven't averaged over 40k since 2007/08.  Pretty much every club suffers a drop-off in attendance when they fall into the Championship too.  Hopefully we can claw some of this back!

We're potentially the "biggest" club in the Midlands (however you rate that) but, factually, we're not the strongest at the moment (West Brom) and the most successful club this millennium has been Blues (1 x League Cup).  Dark days :(

I reckon if blose had the kind of record/performances we had last season they would have had 10k at the sty. to get over 30k on last seasons garbage is  a great achievement from our fans

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

We're potentially the "biggest" club in the Midlands (however you rate that) but, factually, we're not the strongest at the moment (West Brom) and the most successful club this millennium has been Blues (1 x League Cup).  Dark days :(

What's shocking about that is that 1 league cup in 16 years between all the clubs in the midlands. Totally success starved all of us.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, blandy said:

What's shocking about that is that 1 league cup in 16 years between all the clubs in the midlands. Totally success starved all of us.

If you include Leicester its 2 but your right, its not good enough for midlands fooball

22 hours ago, blandy said:

V bad last 15-20 years for West Midlands football.

With the histories of Villa, Wolves and Albion, between the 3 of us for us to have been the only one who has come close to winning anything in recent-ish years, but not got over the line, is not good for the region.

Let's hope with our takeover and the potential Wolves one, 3 West Midlands clubs will be in the Prem very soon. Blues and Coventry can rot in League 1/bottom end of Championship.

On 14/07/2016 at 12:24, bobzy said:

Yes they have won the League Cup once this century. We have been runners-up once as have they also been since 2000. We have been runners-up in two FA Cup Finals this century and they last appeared in an FA Cup Final in 1956. They have also spent 7 seasons in the PL this millennium but this will be our first one out of it. We were in the top 6 five times since the start of the millennium their best finish was 9th. One trophy in isolation does not make them the more successful club this millennium much as they might try to claim and wish that it does. I rest my case! ;)    

Edited by John

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

League higher than Luton....

Would hold fire for another 24 hours...

Will be biting my tongue at work tomorrow, that's for sure. 

Then again it will be hard to find someone who actually went,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DevonVilla said:

That feeling when one of your mates scores a last minute winner against Blues! Get in Sercs my beaut! 

I like Sercombe, he could play championship I reckon....although not suggesting we sign him as we need more experience in that midfield area.

Â