Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

• 4 weeks later...

So was checking the Birmingham Mail website to see if there was anything new on Villa takeover and happened upon this Birmingham City Takeover... A little surprised not mentioned yet but it is largely irrelevant. However the article raises a couple of funny things:

We have known for several months now the Carson Yeung era at Birmingham City is almost at an end.

Today’s announcement to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange merely re-confirms the fact that peace has broken out with Carson, his de facto brother-in-law Wang Lei and former director Peter Pannu.

What the 61-page tome does for the first time though, is give Birmingham City fans more information about the future.

Then there is some boring stuff but then goes into timetable:

Laid out tentatively - but clearly. Obviously things take as long as they take and the timescale is contingent on everything going to plan.

But as things stand we are looking at:

‘Expected date of the EGM: 11:00 a.m. on Friday, 22 July 2016.

‘Expected effective date of the Capital Reorganisation: Monday, 12 September 2016.

‘Order granted by the High Court to discharge the Receivership Order and the release of the Receivers in respect of the receivership: Tuesday, 25 October 2016

‘Resumption and dealing in the New Shares commence: 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, 27 October 2016.’

Which means it should all be done by the end of October - just in time for the January transfer window. 

So sale announced today, likely takeover completion end of October, meaning 5 months...! And people were worried about the speed our one was taking! 

Oh but it gets better. They then talk about finances and their transfer budget:

AND they will invest around ‘HK$120 million will be used to, when considered appropriate, acquire additional talented players who are expected to make contribution to and help enhance the competitiveness of the team significantly so as to assist the team to reach the goal of being promoted to the Premier League in the future’.

That’s just under £10.6m on today’s exchange rate but it’s important to understand that’s not just £10m to splash out on fees, that’s wages, fees, everything.

But don't worry, they are will be challenging to get back to the Premier League...

:crylaugh:

Edited by cyrusr
Text size was weird in quotes.

I saw this too cyrusr, I then went on to read the comments under the article. There's some pretty ecstatic inbreds that are proper excited about this. One of the Mongols even suggested building a statue of their new investor 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I saw this too cyrusr, I then went on to read the comments under the article. There's some pretty ecstatic inbreds that are proper excited about this. One of the Mongols even suggested building a statue of their new investor 

:blink:

10 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Why would a Mongol build a statue of a Chinese chap?

• Like 4

If there's any truth to the talk of buy other clubs and having them play under the 'Villa' banner, and there being £500M in an English bank account, then I guess that would suggest that Xia plans to be around for a while. To sell us for a profit he'd probably not only have to promote us but also get us established at the very least as a top half team.

As for sha's new owner apparently part of the deal is that he can't sell them for two years. The 'often partisan' blogger has done a youtube video trying to claim that their takeover is better than ours. Doesn't make an whole lot of suspense to me but we'll see.

1 hour ago, useless said:

If there's any truth to the talk of buy other clubs and having them play under the 'Villa' banner, and there being £500M in an English bank account, then I guess that would suggest that Xia plans to be around for a while. To sell us for a profit he'd probably not only have to promote us but also get us established at the very least as a top half team.

As for sha's new owner apparently part of the deal is that he can't sell them for two years. The 'often partisan' blogger has done a youtube video trying to claim that their takeover is better than ours. Doesn't make an whole lot of suspense to me but we'll see.

Even with their takeover they still talking about us, sad bastards

6 hours ago, useless said:

there being £500M in an English bank account,

This now common knowledge? or are you taking that from a post of mine a while back ( i said £400m)?

'If there's any truth to the talk of buy other clubs and having them play under the 'Villa' banner, and there being £500M'

Although it's been reported in several newspapers and Xia sold some shares in Teamax to raise £400M, so wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth to it. Hopefully everything becomes a bit clearer once Xia has been approved.

Went on SHA, took a look at one post and a fan thinks they'll finish bottom half this season due to their very small transfer budget.

OH, HOW THE UNMIGHTY HAVE FALLEN EVEN FURTHER!

Â