Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/11/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

He was superb throughout. Thought Konsa was great too and Traore encouraging. All three would be ahead of Trezeguet for me.

And you can add Martinez into that. He looks pretty much an all round great goal keeper. Was very impressed with how quick he is off his line. First chance to really see that today.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Teams are scoring some cracking finishes against us. Bet March never does that with his right foot again in his career.

It's when you know it's not your day. That ball getting to Welbeck and him finishing after running from the half way line also. Fair play to them.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

It was always 50/50 - thats the fundamental problem with VAR - a TV screen and slow mo and multiple angles very often doesn't leave you any the wiser

The nature of the game and the nature of the rules are not designed for this level of scrutiny.....it is detailed nonsense.

The game was never designed for this level of forensic debate.

anywhere on the pitch that would have been a foul without protest.....the time in the game and the importance of the decision, influenced him imo.....there was no clear and obvious error from his original decision.....so why did he question it.

Goal line monitors only for me  and scrap Var or any outfield over scrutiny.

the game before was swings and round abouts and probably favoured attacking teams.....lets get back to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

It's when you know it's not your day. That ball getting to Welbeck and him finishing after running from the half way line also. Fair play to them.

He never looked like missing to be fair to him

36 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He did the old 'both hands in the air, I'm innocent' reaction. He knew what he'd done and knows he got away with it.

Oh....i interpreted it as oh what have i done.

I don’t think that was a penalty. I’d have been angry if that was given against us.

Regardless, it shouldn’t have come down to that. We played well but we’re wasteful and just switched off after we scored. I won’t get too hung up on that result but we need to improve on that for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Look at March's reaction. He know he's **** up. It's utterly shambolic to overturn it.

Trezeguet as clear as day nicks the ball around him and would have had the next touch. The only reason he didn't have the next touch is because he was taken out. The contact on the ball is irrelevant.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

fair enough not on the pitch though. I thought that was Lamptey 

Mainly because he was allowed the sahara dessert to play in......don't get me wrong, he played well.....but this game is also about not letting players to play well....the space he had, was criminal......see if others teams give us that amount of freedom to play......not on your nelly.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oh....i interpreted it as oh what have i done.

Either way, he knew it was a foul. Absolutely no doubt about that. Players reactions are often the best thing to look at. Try watching it back and don't look at the ball, just his face. Says it all, doesn't it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wish we wouldn't dive. Wish the game didn't require people to dive to get free kicks given.  VAR is ridiculous, or more accurately the operators of it are. Deserved to lose though,  so wasteful in both penalty areas.  Could see our over worked intentional players were looking tired,  so was always on the cards from the second our only rested midfielder went off injured.

Hopefully we can turn round our run of bad down against weaker sides soon, or we're in for a shocking few weeks. Feeling confident Dean and co will know how to get us to bounce back for the next match though

Edited by MrBlack

Just now, MrBlack said:

Wish we wouldn't dive. Wish the game didn't require people to dive to get free kicks given.  VAR is ridiculous, or more accurately the operators of it are. Deserved to lose though,  so wasteful in but penalty areas.  Could see our over worked intentional players were looking tired,  so was always on the cards from the second our only rested midfielder went off injured.

Hopefully we can turn round our run off bad down against weaker sides soon, or we're in for a shocking few weeks. Feeling confident Dean and co will know how to get us to bounce back for the next match though

If he has stayed on his feet the pen wouldn't have even been given in the first place. The refs are just too inept. You have to alley oop them the decisions.

21 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Really dont know how tres is winning the motm. Yes he tried hard, but as one of our forward players to miss the target with 3 shots is unacceptable. 

He gets even one of those on target we get a point at least!

3 shots? Mate understat has him at 7 shots the entire game.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

What I dont get is, how is it a free kick to Brighton?

Its because he made up the rules for the change of decision so it's only fair he gets to make up what happens next!

• Haha 1

Â