Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/11/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, markc said:

This all day long.  The Brighton player knew it as well.  Wasn't a clear and obvious error for var to get involved. F##kin joke don't think I've ever been so annoyed. 

Gary linker just tweeted saying exactly the same 

He flicked the ball and it wasn't a clear and obvious error 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

His touch and technique passing movement was brilliant. He did more than run around.

But he missed from 5 yards then wasted countless other good opportunities. He can have a great touch and technique but when you are as wasteful as he was it then it's not good enough. He was better than half our team though I'll give him that. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's amazing how many journos and pundits are arguing it wasn't a pen. They know nothing. It's embarassing.

It really is very basic stuff. The fundamentals about the game you learn at the age of 4. He did not get the ball in any way. The ball hit him as he tripped Trez. I don't see how anyone who knows anything about the game can argue that.

• Like 4

We deserved a point from that game and it would have likely came from the penalty. 

Watkins and Trez should have bagged a brace each. 

VAR had a nightmare today. That was a clear penalty and VAR was used incorrectly on top of that

• Like 3

Just now, holteend1982 said:

But he missed from 5 yards then wasted countless other good opportunities. He can have a great touch and technique but when you are as wasteful as he was it then it's not good enough. He was better than half our team though I'll give him that. 

I'm pulling my hair out with Trezeguet because he does so much good work but when he gets in positions to hurt teams, he can't pass or shoot. So frustrating but he's a bloody hard worker with a fantastic attitude.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

It really is very basic stuff. The fundamentals about the game you learn at the age of 4. He did not get the ball in any way. The ball hit him as he tripped Trez. I don't see how anyone who knows anything about the game can argue that.

The big problem is how it's all a boy's club. Journalists don't wanna be too critical lest they lose access, and ex-pundits either try to make it about themselves or want to create controversy to get clicks. It's not a critical or helpful way.

They close ranks to protect what they know to be poor and wrong.

If this was one of the elite clubs the reaction would be very different.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's amazing how many journos and pundits are arguing it wasn't a pen. They know nothing. It's embarassing.

I’m absolutely astounded and twitter is full of morons who think March ‘won’ the ball.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It pains me to say it but this is how I viewed it as well. But I could be wrong. Always assumed ball contact negated any form of foul.

Not any type of foul but the contact on the ball was sufficent against the contact made on the player after to not give a foul. That contact was never gonna bring him down so he dived like a salmon to the ground.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The big problem is how it's all a boy's club. Journalists don't wanna be too critical lest they lose access, and ex-pundits either try to make it about themselves or want to create controversy to get clicks. It's not a critical or helpful way.

They close ranks to protect what they know to be poor and wrong.

If this was one of the elite clubs the reaction would be very different.

It's also why a lot of the elite clubs lose shock games early in the season....you aren't going to get a penalty or VAR decision v Liverpool as they run in for the title in April ...

• Like 1

Â