Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/11/20 at 23:59

9 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

But he missed from 5 yards then wasted countless other good opportunities. He can have a great touch and technique but when you are as wasteful as he was it then it's not good enough. He was better than half our team though I'll give him that. 

De Bruyne just missed from 7 yards by hitting his own player. 

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Not any type of foul but the contact on the ball was sufficent against the contact made on the player after to not give a foul. That contact was never gonna bring him down so he dived like a salmon to the ground.

the ball contact is completely immaterial as it stays DIRECTLY in-front of Trez. It doesn’t go anywhere. It’s not been won, or cleared. Then he kicks Trez in the shin. It’s a foul.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Does that apply if it's the ref correcting himself rather than another party? Genuine question, I'm not sure. 

Clear and obvious errors by any of the onfield officiating team. 

Giving the penalty in the first place was not an error, never mind clear and obvious. VAR shouldn't even be involved 

• Like 2

Defensively we looked vulnerable all game. Mings was the chief culprit it but konsa was also a bit off. McGinn kept giving the ball away in dangerous areas and Target had his hands full with Lamperty charging forward and Jack not covering back. 

We also wasted countless chances, MOTM Trez, if he can relax in front of goal then he's going to be one hell of a player, the rest of his game his top class. Grealish looked Knackered. 

These type of games are going to be real difficult for us if we leak goals easily. We have to get it right defensively and with the players we have up front we will create chances.

PS Traoré is the best set piece taker we have got. 

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Clear and obvious errors by any of the onfield officiating team. 

Giving the penalty in the first place was not an error, never mind clear and obvious. VAR shouldn't even be involved 

Whilst I don't really think it was a pen. I do agree with this statement. VAR should have just not got involved as it wasn't clear and obvious. Was subjective. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

You could see from March’s response that he knew he’d fouled Trez

Actually put both hands to his head.....if ever there was an self admission.

if ever there was a case of a ref trying to reverse a sound initial decision, this was it. 

Did Trez get booked for diving then?

they literally are making the rules up as they go.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Actually put both hands to his head.....if ever there was an self admission.

if ever there was a case of a ref trying to reverse a sound initial decision, this was it.

He did the old 'both hands in the air, I'm innocent' reaction. He knew what he'd done and knows he got away with it.

Felt to me like Grealish, mcginn, Luiz and Mings were a bit jaded. Only 5 or 10% off their usual but in the premier league it makes the difference. Although this is massively contradicted by Trez had also travelled for internationals. He was everywhere but his end product was poor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I hate VAR not because it went against us this time, but because in every game in which it has been involved, it turns in to an absolute cluster ****. Turn it off. 

That's my thoughts. Many times it's not 100% clear on the vid replay. So we slow the game and get a 2nd opinion - doesn't mean the 2nd opinion is right.

Could just have been me but the angles  were inconclusive on Var , so when the ref went to the screen they seemed to show one angle from behind that made it look like it wasn’t a pen ...  had he looked at it from his original view point it would have confirmed the pen .

no clear and obvious error thus a pen...

as to the game , few too many players under performed but even so on  another day we score 4 or 5 there (but also concede a few more) it  was that sort of day , Brighton got the luck we didn’t .

highlights that outside the starting 11 we are pretty shit though , we need a few more players in the Jan window to address this 

Edited by tonyh29

42 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So as long as the ball slightly skims you, you can then punch the challenging player in the face because you touched the ball? Let’s do that next game then.

That's what it actually feels like some of these people are saying, if the ball touches you, then you are aloud to drag a player down in anyway.

Whether that player got the ball or not Trezegeut would of got past him, he is then took down and totally wiped out and denied any further involvement on striking that ball and potentially scoring.

I really hate what they have done to these rules the officials now have powers to take a decision away, well they should not make the decision till they are perfectly clear, for me this destroys the game.

What's the point of Var if that is saying it's a penalty and the official says it's also a penalty as well then the ref goes and withdraws his first claim and makes a second claim of it not being a penalty. In a cop station there would be guilt over not getting your words right and getting your story spot on and right first time, then changing it would have you looking suspect all over, it shouldn't be any different here.

My heads done in with that decision, that ref needs sorting out by his bosses.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Very strange comparison. 

Not really. I commented on how his all round performance was very good but his finishing could have been better today. However you said it was not good enough regardless of his performance. 

So de Bruyne missing from 7 yards means Regardless of overall performance if he doesn't score it's not good enough. By your standards of course.

• Thanks 1

Â