Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/11/20 at 23:59

Just now, hippo said:

Thats a good point. It wasn't clear and obvious either way - Ref gives, stockley park not sure, ref needs to have another look - its not clear and obvious either IMO. For the good of the game go with the original decision.

Is that still true after they ask him to look at it? Honest question.

Just now, Keyblade said:

He only touches the ball by our accident. He missed his swipe and got more of the man them he did the ball. It's a foul. He wasn't in control of the ball.

Spot on. Trez kicked the ball onto his foot as he tripped him. It's so, so simple. The very basics of refereeing.

• Like 1

People may point to the early substitution or the absolutely mental decision to overturn the penalty (levelling up the sending off I suspect) but the truth is we just weren't at it. Again. At home. Against weak opposition.

McGinn and Mings were awful.

Targett, Watkins, Luiz all half asleep.

Grealish off his standard and with no outlet

Trezeguet had a million chances but was so concerned with smashing it every time that he was never going to score, absolutely no composure at all. Look at Welbeck's goal for an example of composure. Trez just put his laces through it every time like a Sunday league player. I'm not giving him MOTM for smashing it as hard as you can. Martinez only one who really played well, snuffing out multiple opportunities before they developed.

I got a slap on the wrist for being so hard on them at half time but, despite a brief hope we'd start playing in the second half, it went exactly the way I feared.

I have to strongly question the attitude of this squad when they continuously don't bother showing up against the more average teams. I'm far more annoyed at our attitude than I am at a questionable penalty call. We didn't deserve even a point.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Grealish playing every game for England is not good for Villa. Same with Douglas Luiz and Brazil. That being said it was a brave performance and we were unlucky not to get at least a point. Oliver is an awful referee and it was an obvious penalty. Traore played well centrally in the first half but is one dimensional on the right. El Ghazi and Hourihane were bright when they came on which is a positive. Mings was sloppy.

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

He ran around a lot like he normally does fair play but he missed 3 big chances which is unacceptable at this level 

Alot of our players couldn't finished when in final third today we peppered them, are you also saying they played shit because they didn't score, that's really unfair.

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

He ran around a lot like he normally does fair play but he missed 3 big chances which is unacceptable at this level 

His touch and technique passing movement was brilliant. He did more than run around.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Reminded me of gabby vs blues years back

He touched the ball, he didn't win it, he moved the ball off trezs toes to half a yard in front of him and then kicked him taking him out 

Its a **** foul 

This all day long.  The Brighton player knew it as well.  Wasn't a clear and obvious error for var to get involved. F##kin joke don't think I've ever been so annoyed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Only a few played today, look at the table? Normal service resumed anyway, lets await the end of the season.

You're a little too hasty. Even after this loss, we've won 25% more than we lost. We also have a game in hand on all those teams. Nothing to suggest "normal service resumed" which is completely at odds with advising to wait til the end of the season.

• Like 1

So angry today. Watching the Villa is such a frustrating pastime. They ruin my weekend so often I wish I followed another sport. I just knew when the word removed of a commentator said at the start that Brighton had never won at VP!

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I really don't get the negativity over traore. Some people are so strange. 

His first proper game for us, got an assist and played decent. 

He was good. Put some dangerous balls into the box and got a good assist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

So as long as the ball slightly skims you, you can then punch the challenging player in the face because you touched the ball? Let’s do that next game then.

You know if it happens to us next week, var are giving a pentaly against us. 

25 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Home record is a big worry 

Daft isn't it? Home/Away should make no difference with no fans but we struggle massively at home for some reason

Â