Poppy Watch 2020

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

And so it begins

33D59AFF-F259-4D3F-8631-9916C2DD6C72.jpeg

Recreating the Somme in your front yard is disturbed, but if people can’t go to church services & don’t want to stick a mask on and go to the local cenotaph, the doorstep idea seems... fine? 

Less cringe than weekly public clapping for TikTok stars.  

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Recreating the Somme in your front yard is disturbed, but if people can’t go to church services & don’t want to stick a mask on and go to the local cenotaph, the doorstep idea seems... fine? 

Could be wrong, but it might be the idea that this might prompt “Well the Seat family at number 68, they didn’t come out on their doorstep and be quiet, too much lesting AND forgetting in that household, if you ask me.....”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Could be wrong, but it might be the idea that this might prompt “Well the Seat family at number 68, they didn’t come out on their doorstep and be quiet, too much lesting AND forgetting in that household, if you ask me.....”.

Its been previously noted we didn’t do the clap for carers or VE day clap. This is why we are moving house. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Its been previously noted we didn’t do the clap for carers or VE day clap. This is why we are moving house. 

Good luck finding a place that exclusively ignores them. I’d say about 50% uptake here for the NHS clap. I didn’t realise their was a VE Day one.

Just now, Genie said:

Good luck finding a place that exclusively ignores them. I’d say about 50% uptake here for the NHS clap. I didn’t realise their was a VE Day one.

I supported it all, just didn’t get off my arse to stand on the doorstep. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Your right, less cringeworthy but I think still falls into the category of “I’m more patriotic than you as you can see me adhering to the 2 minute silence”. Why not just spend the 2 minutes at home alone in silence remembering? 

There’s a shred of sense to the clap for carers. People working for the NHS could hear the noise and feel the support. 
Standing in silence on the doorstep, why? Why not just do like every other year and have a moment of rememberence without letting all the heat out of the house?

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

People working for the NHS could hear the noise and feel the support. 

Can confirm it was definitely appreciated; I used to hold in my first poop of the day so I could time it with the thunderous applause.  A magical sensation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Awol said:

the doorstep idea seems... fine? 

Why the need to do it on your doorstep? It'll still be you being silent and reflecting if you did it in your own home (as I plan to) without the need to show all your neighbours you did it too?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'd hang out the highest window that faces the most neighbours instead, just so they know. 

Masked and Naked

Edited by Follyfoot

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Dangle from your balcony

The police have warned me about dangling my poppies off the balcony before.... especially when the school kids are passing.

You can't do right for doing wrong nowadays! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

The police have warned me about dangling my poppies off the balcony before.... especially when the school kids are passing.

You can't do right for doing wrong nowadays! 

I know what you mean mate, The parents of one of my sons friends still walk the other way in the street when they see me all down to a misunderstanding with a sweet stuck in my pocket at her birthday party

• Like 1

Â