Poppy Watch 2020

NurembergVillan

Ireland arranging a friendly with England around the Remembrance Day is definitely one of the most stupid things from either FA. Luckily the stadium will be empty as I could imagine extra security would be needed for McClean

• Like 1

I no longer live in the UK - are moves being made away from the paper and plastic poppies? Seems mental to me that in a world where we should be getting rid of single use plastic we might still be using plastic poppies that a huge amount of 60m people will buy?? The whole thing should be biodegradable now (maybe it is I don’t know??)

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

I no longer live in the UK - are moves being made away from the paper and plastic poppies? Seems mental to me that in a world where we should be getting rid of single use plastic we might still be using plastic poppies that a huge amount of 60m people will buy?? The whole thing should be biodegradable now (maybe it is I don’t know??)

They're still around but a lot of people opt for lapel pin badges now.

1 hour ago, John said:

Got my son and myself, a couple of these from the British Legion website again this year:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcScQaN6d6n6NLIZJt4fuh9_TrFrkUjX3CSepNDKgbG6xtWg3aexpNrWcjXBy_BtsFnLw9QUOYme&usqp=CAc

I really like that.I contacted the British legion streight away and have asked if I can buy 2 of them.Be proud to wear that at poppy time ( Anzac Day ) here in Perth. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bickster said:

Skrewdriver and their ilk don't really exist anymore in the UK, that side of the culture no longer exists here. In Germany and the US, of course but not here. Nazis look more normal these days

Off topic but my mate is in an old skool death metal band and at one point his gigs (well, not exclusively his gig as there would be about 4 or 5 bands on) skrewdriver "fans" would kick off in the pub and storm the stage. This happened about five times and he had no idea why his band (Absolution) were targeted. Their songs were usually about serial killers, y'know....upstanding members of society - Harold Shipman for one

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, wedge said:

I actually have bought one of these. *Dons tin hat*

Don't think there's anything wrong with them personally, that's the small nod of respect that it should be, I can guess that some won't like the association with the poppy and football but that's not something that bothers me, I've had an unofficial one with the 80s round badge for years

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't think there's anything wrong with them personally, that's the small nod of respect that it should be, I can guess that some won't like the association with the poppy and football but that's not something that bothers me, I've had an unofficial one with the 80s round badge for years

You haven't seen the poppy tattoo that covers my entire back yet 😉

• Like 1

Â