Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Definitely going to win the Premier League in a couple of years. Can't believe anyone is enthused about this.  It's virtual cheating....... Etc....etc.

Edited by sidcow

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Definitely going to win the Premier League in a couple of years. Can't believe anyone is enthused about this.  It's virtual cheating....... Etc....etc.

Biggest shock ever. Incredible feat to get back to back promotions what a great team, no-one saw it coming etc etc. 

I don't get how Ryan Reynolds gets to be rich, handsome, funny, married to Blake Lively, and own a football team that gets back-to-back promotions.

Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil just to be a phenomenal blues artist: imagine how he feels toiling in hell as we speak knowing he negotiated a horrible deal. Reynolds will burn for eternity but he played a blinder.

• Like 2

They've done some good work but to be honest Wrexham were always a League One sized club who were in the conference mainly because of huge mismanagement and a string of dodgy owners. 

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

I don't get how Ryan Reynolds gets to be rich, handsome, funny, married to Blake Lively, and own a football team that gets back-to-back promotions.

Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil just to be a phenomenal blues artist: imagine how he feels toiling in hell as we speak knowing he negotiated a horrible deal. Reynolds will burn for eternity but he played a blinder.

Yep, there’s not many people I truly envy on this planet but Ryan Reynolds is definitely one of them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, there’s not many people I truly envy on this planet but Ryan Reynolds is definitely one of them.

I envy him too, but at my age it's mainly for his motorcycle collection. 

• Haha 1

Good achievement but hardly a surprise given the investment & not being a huge difference in quality between the leagues. Since it changed to 2 teams promoted from the national league in 2003 Wrexham are now the 8th team to get back-to-back promotions in 21 years. Bookies had them at 4/5 to go up before the season kicked off. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did it again next year, There is some absolute dross in League 1 bar the odd championship yo-yo clubs.

tenor.gif

35 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Good achievement but hardly a surprise given the investment & not being a huge difference in quality between the leagues. Since it changed to 2 teams promoted from the national league in 2003 Wrexham are now the 8th team to get back-to-back promotions in 21 years. Bookies had them at 4/5 to go up before the season kicked off. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did it again next year, There is some absolute dross in League 1 bar the odd championship yo-yo clubs.

tenor.gif

League 1 is a nightmare to get out of. Bigger teams than Wrexham took ages to get out of it and also will probably include 2 of Sheff Wed/Huddersfield and billionaire blues

Portsmouth, Bolton, Charlton seem to have been in that division a long time

16 minutes ago, villan95 said:

The narrative that it's a "fairytale" annoys me, it's not, it's a lot of money being spent blowing other teams out of the water. Great for Wrexham and their fans, not so much for anyone else.

Also the amount of media coverage I've seen about their promotion compared to Stockport who also confirmed promotion yesterday and are actually likely to win the league..

Was a good interview with the Peterboro owner on Talksport and he was spot on. He has nothing against Wrexham and its fans/owners but the disgusting media narrative around them and this is so true

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

League 1 is a nightmare to get out of. Bigger teams than Wrexham took ages to get out of it and also will probably include 2 of Sheff Wed/Huddersfield and billionaire blues

Portsmouth, Bolton, Charlton seem to have been in that division a long time

They still have no money.  Wrexham have (relative) money.  I'd give it 2 years.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

The narrative that it's a "fairytale" annoys me, it's not, it's a lot of money being spent blowing other teams out of the water. Great for Wrexham and their fans, not so much for anyone else.

Also the amount of media coverage I've seen about their promotion compared to Stockport who also confirmed promotion yesterday and are actually likely to win the league..

Press more interested in Ryan Reynolds than Stockport owners shocker 

• Like 1

Like it or not, they’ve delivered (the owners). Would not shock me if they give a push for a 3rd promotion next or the following season. 

Â