Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Great goal, bloody love the bloke. 

7 goals 6 assists in his first season, throw that in with all the other wild shit he does and I'm not sure how you could say he hasn't done well. 

Great season Berty

Now 8 and 6 (in all comps) just realised you are talking about the prem whoops. 

Edited by MotoMkali

18 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

And are now too proud to admit he's clearly an excellent player who provides a constant threat and is almost always entertaining

Very rarely beats his man in a one on one situation, gives the ball away too easily and defensively he’s awful. 

I absolutely can’t knock his goal tally though. 

He’s poor for large parts of every match but scores a lot. A complete enigma. 

• Like 3

People are pro Bertie and some not so much but the reality is that we need to be ruthless to get where we are going, he among a couple of others will have to be upgraded. Magical for squad depth though, he will make a great impact sub.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Very rarely beats his man in a one on one situation, gives the ball away too easily and defensively he’s awful. 

I absolutely can’t knock his goal tally though. 

He’s poor for large parts of every match but scores a lot. A complete enigma. 

If you could improve his decision making he would be carving things up in the Champions League. But i suspect that the lack of decision making and opponents yet alone his team mates knowing what he will do indeed makes him an enigma. What makes him weaker makes him stronger in many ways

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Great goal, bloody love the bloke.

Not to take away from Bertrand's execution, but this was a classic team goal. The Villa offense overloaded the back post, creating a wide open space in the 18 yard block. Grealish passed to 'no one' in this space, Troare screened off the overload and ran into the open space and put it (bulletted it) into the top left hand roof of the net. 

From my point of of view Troare generally:

• (often) takes on the defender, but his success rate is too low (for some)
  • does not pass often enough to the overlapping runner (for me and others no doubt)
  • tracks back, but tends to defend/mark space rather than a man
  • scores incredible goals
Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

He obviously meant that goal and to score it in the fashion that he did, not sure why some think that he didn't, especially after the audaciousness of some of his previous goals and efforts this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

He obviously meant that goal and to score it in the fashion that he did, not sure why some think that he didn't, especially after the audaciousness of some of his previous goals and efforts this season.

Yes when i first saw it though he scuffed it but I think he just dinked it in 

I've actually scored a few like it myself albeit only in a situation that you'd call a 'kick about' rather than a serious game, but point is I don't think it's unusual for a player many times better at football than I and who has the reputation for far out skills to score a similar goal.

28 minutes ago, useless said:

I've actually scored a few like it myself albeit only in a situation that you'd call a 'kick about' rather than a serious game, but point is I don't think it's unusual for a player many times better at football than I and who has the reputation for far out skills to score a similar goal.

If you don't shoot you don't score but from the angle shown on sky when replayed shows he hit it with his left ,it struck his right leg and went in.

I've now watched it a few times in slow mo, he strikes it, it hits the bottom of the Chelsea players boot changing its direction and it goes in.

As I say though, don't shoot, don't score.

Just like el ghazi, a good stats return for this season with improvement to be made.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's basically what we hoped N'Zogbia would be. A complete wildcard who can just trick his way into goals out of nowhere.

And he has done more this season than not just Nzogbia but most wingers since

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

I have a feeling Traore is going to be next season's Matt Targett. A player with loads of natural talent who looks very flawed, and then suddenly it all comes together. Just get the impression he is enjoying life at Villa, has the trust of the coaching staff, and will keep progressing. Smith's system suits him really well.

The things he needs to improve on are mostly coachable I think. Defensive positioning, passing in our half, and some of his decision making in the final third. But in terms of ability he's clearly a top player, and the goal/assist stats back it up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I have a feeling Traore is going to be next season's Matt Targett. A player with loads of natural talent who looks very flawed, and then suddenly it all comes together. Just get the impression he is enjoying life at Villa, has the trust of the coaching staff, and will keep progressing. Smith's system suits him really well.

The things he needs to improve on are mostly coachable I think. Defensive positioning, passing in our half, and some of his decision making in the final third. But in terms of ability he's clearly a top player, and the goal/assist stats back it up.

If thats the case he will win Premier League player of the season

He has a good season here

Â