Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure why some of us always feel we have to sh*t on one player to big up the other.

Anyway, did some great work tonight.

As you say, better as an impact player still imo.

Although, would still be interesting to see him start in one of the Euro games.

If he could get his miracles and wondergoals etc out the way early to set up an easy game for us then go back to his lair till next time haha

Impossible not to love Bert tbf. He's just a fun player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Didn't do much tonight. Couldn't get upto the pace of the game.

Do you think he's lost a yard of pace? Might be me but he seems less explosive than I remember him.

Just now, Philosopher said:

Didn't get the space to run into. Had two men close whenever he got the ball near their box.

Yeah might be. Might also be a bit of a confidence or match sharpness thing.

56 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Didn't do much tonight. Couldn't get upto the pace of the game.

Really? He linked up nicely in a tight space with Tielemans at one point, then weighted a nice ball for Cash into space to assist the winner.

That's what I like about Bertie, it's rarely hit and hope. He does things with intent and tries to get players into dangerous areas so there's a higher chance of a good chance being created at the end of the move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gotta love Bertie. Tight game, nervy crowd, frustrating opponent. 

And he’s playing and moving at a pace like it’s a training session.

I think he’s just too lackadaisical to be a starter but there’s a settled calmness about the way he plays that is needed when the team goes headless chicken sometimes. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Gotta love Bertie. Tight game, nervy crowd, frustrating opponent. 

And he’s playing and moving at a pace like it’s a training session.

I think he’s just too lackadaisical to be a starter but there’s a settled calmness about the way he plays that is needed when the team goes headless chicken sometimes. 

Yeah, I thought it was a good thing that he brought an air of patience to the final third, especially given some players seemed to act a bit rushed by the end.

Feel his role coming on was to enable Cash to bomb forward more than anything else and the link-up between them led to the goal. He held onto the ball to let Cash reposition and get on the overlap, which allowed a cross from a good position. Not breathtaking stuff or anything but he did what was likely asked of him by Emery and he did a good job of it. He definitely has his uses.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Really? He linked up nicely in a tight space with Tielemans at one point, then weighted a nice ball for Cash into space to assist the winner.

That's what I like about Bertie, it's rarely hit and hope. He does things with intent and tries to get players into dangerous areas so there's a higher chance of a good chance being created at the end of the move.

He played one decent pass to Cash who for the first time in a while played a perfect cross. He didn't make one dribble, not one shot on target, never anywhere near an assist himself. He did very little. Played one decent pass. He didn't change the game, we were already dominant, and creating openings.

Not shitting on him, he wasn't bad either, but that's the nature of coming on as a late sub. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Do you think he's lost a yard of pace? Might be me but he seems less explosive than I remember him.

I don’t t recall him ever being explosive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Assisted the Assist 

Xgxgxgxgxx or whatever the **** they call it nowadays :D

He did, but it was not really a defence splitting pass or anything. Iirc it was like a 5 yard pass.

Anyway I don't want to be negative about Bertie, I love the guy.

Â