Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I had kind of expected us to make a couple of big signings in January, but for me recalling Traore compensates not making any more signings. I really like him and love to see how Emery can improve him.

He can play both an attacking midfielder an as a striker in the 4-2-2-2, he has said that he prefers to play centrally and may get a chance to do that now. Otherwise I think he is perfectly suited to the attacking midfielder/wide role in Emery's system.

I'm quite sure he will continue to blow hot and cold, he is a real maverick, the type of player who can be absolutely fantastic when his mood is right and the stars are aligned, likewise go missing in periods. I doubt this will change under Emery, but I still think he can play an important role. Emery seems to rotate players more so it will be perfect to have him available when needed. He is the kind of player I'd pay to watch no matter what team he would play in.

Welcome home Bertie!

4 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Massive chance for him right now.  6 months work your bollocks off impress Unai and the world is yours Bert.

You have seen the otherside now of what awaits should you fail.

That alone should inspire him to produce the goods when given the chance.

And same for all our players really!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Do you think Bailey has better decision making than Bertie?

I think it's quite difficult to say, for both of them it depends so much on how used they are to the other players, what formation we play, how well drilled the team is on a whole and what instructions they get.

Under a proper manager in a well drilled team, clear role that suits them I think both can be regarded to have really good decision making.

The difference between them I'd say is that Bailey is more direct and faster, Traore has more smooth technique and is a better passer (blind one touch cross field passes included!).

Both of them in optimal circumstances, I'd say Bailey probably would contribute more to the team.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

36 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The difference between them I'd say is that Bailey is more direct and faster, Traore has more smooth technique and is a better passer (blind one touch cross field passes included!).

Both of them in optimal circumstances, I'd say Bailey probably would contribute more to the team.

Spot on.

Bailey can be a bit one dimensional. He tries so often to cut it back into his left, it becomes predictable. Traore is a nutcase who could produce a bit of magic.

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wtf am I reading! I think I need to get out this thread until everyone has seen him play again.

7 goals 6 assists 2334 mins first season then got injured. Who have we signed last decade that's got those kind of numbers in PL in a season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Do you think Bailey has better decision making than Bertie?

To be honest yes but it’s definitely a part of his game that needs improvement. I get Traore’s numbers are very good but I genuinely think if Bailey had played with no crowds he’s numbers would have been excellent too. 

Listen I really hope he proves me wrong and he continues to provide moments of magic as obviously it benefits the team. I don’t rate the player but that doesn’t mean I don’t hope he does well. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be honest yes but it’s definitely a part of his game that needs improvement. I get Traore’s numbers are very good but I genuinely think if Bailey had played with no crowds he’s numbers would have been excellent too. 

Listen I really hope he proves me wrong and he continues to provide moments of magic as obviously it benefits the team. I don’t rate the player but that doesn’t mean I don’t hope he does well. 

Everyone got the no crowds boost. We just had Grealish that year. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Everyone got the no crowds boost. We just had Grealish that year. 

True but some were able to produce much better numbers that season. Just looking at some of the players with good numbers, Bamford, Gross, Soufal, Coufal, Che Adams. Fernandez’s numbers were just ridiculous.  Harrison’s were better than Bertie’s but I saw so many say no thanks when we were linked to him. 

Anyway I’ve said enough about him now. He’s back and his our number 9. He has my full support. 

9 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I don’t think there is anything that Bailey can do - That Bertie couldn’t do, but better, apart from maybe run fast.

Bailey's shooting and crossing are miles better than Traore's. But Traore is a stronger runner with the ball.

Edited by Philosopher

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I can’t understand those that are adamant about writing him off and unwilling to give him a chance or have no hope of either seeing him back to his best for us (lockdown season) or be improved. It’s like people want him to fail or be discarded. Makes no sense to me.

Conversely, it’s pleasing to  see many people happy about his return, welcoming him back and also looking at it positively…

Some really unnecessarily cruel comments and mocking on Twitter too, it’s poor and again makes me wonder whether he is being overly criticised for other factors such as, I don’t know, his appearance or the way he carries himself? I have no idea…

He is still much more skilled than many of our players… not many players even have that kind of natural ability and flair. That easy on the eye style and composure…

We have a top class manager who has  reportedly rated the player for a while (at least as far back as his Lyon days, maybe even further back. I also recall positive comments about him from Klopp some time back) and has decided to have him involved with the squad. He makes us stronger and at the very least adds depth, something we require…

Most if not all of our players are much improved under Emery and are continuing to improve and will produce more and better performances as the team progresses, improves and implements more and more of what Unai wants and is instructing them to do. That is going to make every player even better…

He’s our player, let’s support him like the rest of them (who have been given a clean slate by most people since our managerial change) and hope that he can contribute to our cause…

A player with so much talent, ability and with such an “entertainment factor” should be welcomed and encouraged rather than be slated or written off.

Let’s reserve judgement and see what Unai can do with him… he will decide either way. It’s a good chance for Berty to stake a claim in terms of future involvement in the squad and at our club. That, along with playing under a good manger, is ample motivation…

It’s something that gives me encouragement at least and I’m quite excited to see him back with us and eager to see him play… 

I want to be entertained and Berty can do that… he will create and score goals. That’s such a positive.

I’ve thought this to but couldn’t think of a way to write it ,  I remember people mocking and berating him after his first interview (the day he signed) because he seemed laid back and was bit slow to answer questions, yet none of them considered that he was doing something they couldn’t (speaking multiple languages) well said Jas.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

People need to remember the Traore we remember had acres of space due to Grealish getting double and triple marked.

People need to remember the Traore post Grealish had Gerrard as manager 

• Like 3

Â