Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

On 13/09/2022 at 01:28, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bare in mind he also had injuries for periods, he wasn't simply " frozen out " IMO.

Though something was fishy about that, he was supposed to be injured, then played in every game in the AFCON, then when he came back he was said to be injured again.

Wild speculation, but I wonder if it could have anything to do with appearence clauses in the contract with Lyon, perhaps he was apporaching a number of appearences where we had to fork out more to them.

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

Though something was fishy about that, he was supposed to be injured, then played in every game in the AFCON, then when he came back he was said to be injured again.

Wild speculation, but I wonder if it could have anything to do with appearence clauses in the contract with Lyon, perhaps he was apporaching a number of appearences where we had to fork out more to them.

I think that's clutching a bit tbh. I just don't think Gerrard likes him.

But if it was true, we should have just paid it.

Glad to see VT for the most part commending and acknowledging Traore's abilities and what he brought to the table for us.

He's a gifted and sharp attacking threat, and absolutely deft with the left.

Would have happily kept him on to compete with Bailey for a place on the right side of a central forward, however I don't see him commanding first choice, even if he earnt it on form, because I'm not convinced the opportunity to develop any form would be afforded him.

If the decision was his in that he wants to pursue better footballing opportunities, more power to him.

Thanks and all the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Talented player, but erratic and inconsistent.

This is Turkey we are talking about, Trez is looking like an elite player in Turkey.......says it all tbh.

But 15 goals and assists in about 30 prem matches is perfectly fine. The fact we were unable to move him to another prem club is crazy when he's easily more than good enough for most of these clubs. 

Or even keep him ourselves so we aren't relying on 3 players (2 of which with reasonable injury histories) to stay fit and provide all the creativity this season. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

But 15 goals and assists in about 30 prem matches is perfectly fine. The fact we were unable to move him to another prem club is crazy when he's easily more than good enough for most of these clubs. 

Or even keep him ourselves so we aren't relying on 3 players (2 of which with reasonable injury histories) to stay fit and provide all the creativity this season. 

He should be in the squad no doubt and making an impact either off the bench or pushing people to retain their places.

He was perfectly serviceable before the injury and now just by alienating him and sending him to a pub league we've seriously reduced his value and it probably won't recover.

You loan players to Turkey that are awful. Just to get rid of them. Traore is not that player. He's more than capable of pushing for a start here, staying in the spotlight and moving him on in time if needed.

It's like our entire structure and policy has been binned just because Gerrard might or might not fancy a player.

Gerrard. That elite club builder.

It's ludicrous.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Crazy decision to loan out a guy who had almost 1 goal contributions every 2 games to Turkey. Not just because we could use someone like that but because it makes his value plummet, especially considering we're apparently on a sell-to-buy policy now. You sell him for 4m, who exactly are we meant to buy for that money?

• Like 1

He just didn't deliver any semblance of consistency.

Had all the talent, but how many times have we said that about umpteen players.

Watch the video's, as opposed to the games and you can end up bamboozled with falsehood.

He has gone out on loan, because we can't get anything from him that will hurt the opposition on a regular basis.

"Moments" in a game,  maybe, but they are like bubbles, they fade away.

He is just another one in a long line of failed buys, that keeps this club firmly placed in the midtable quagmire.

I have been a supporter dring a period of time that has seen, very few managers, have the nous, in the transfer market......rakes of them have squandered, good money.

I can count the good ones on one hand.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

He just didn't deliver any semblance of consistency.

Had all the talent, but how many times have we said that about umpteen players.

Watch the video's, as opposed to the games and you can end up bamboozled with falsehood.

He has gone out on loan, because we can't get anything from him that will hurt the opposition on a regular basis.

"Moments" in a game,  maybe, but they are like bubbles, they fade away.

He is just another one in a long line of failed buys, that keeps this club firmly placed in the midtable quagmire.

I have been a supporter dring a period of time that has seen, very few managers, have the nous, in the transfer market......rakes of them have squandered, good money.

I can count the good ones on one hand.

"Moments" like scoring goals and getting assists you mean? All but the most elite wingers are notoriously inconsistent, that's why their output is important. His output was very good for us, for someone who was in their first full season in the PL.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

"Moments" like scoring goals and getting assists you mean? All but the most elite wingers are notoriously inconsistent, that's why their output is important. His output was very good for us, for someone who was in their first full season in the PL.

Like Bowen, who cost a tad more.......Like Harvey Barnes.....Like Zaha or Jack Harrison, or Daniel James..

Yeah

I would hazard a guess, we haven't had a better ones since Albert, or Albrighton.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Like Bowen, who cost a tad more.......Like Harvey Barnes.....Like Zaha or Jack Harrison, or Daniel James..

Yeah

I would hazard a guess, we haven't had a better ones since Albert, or Albrighton.

All incredibly inconsistent. I'd class Traore as better than all of them bar Bowen and Zaha, so there's that.

Â