Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t give a shit, he’s class 🤣

Gonna miss this silky trickster… ☹️
our squad/bench will only be weaker without him, a good option to have. Would have liked to see how BT could do being free from injuries and getting into form again… will always have fond memories of him from the lockdown season…

Underrated and over criticised. Way too good for the Turkish league. 

Oh and F off Gerrard. Nothing he is doing is encouraging me. I am very concerned. Every decision is questionable if not ridiculous.

Me too - absolutely loved watching him play - I have been watching Villa for many, many years and I can’t recall a more mercurial player. When at it and I’ll be the first to admit his inconsistency, he is just a pleasure to watch. That goal at the baggies was something else.

I’d pay to watch him training !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

People demanding another new shiny toy signing yet here were are with another £17m asset being loaned out. Another huge loss made there then.

So much for a system and managers having to feed into the villa way of playing.  Gerard has turned into a bull in a china shop.

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would’ve loved to see more of this kind of class 🥲

It’s a shame we didn’t see that sort of thing more often. As many have said he lacked consistency, often from one minute to another.  Best of luck to him. 

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

Picks up injuries like they're going out of fashion, and goes from sublime skill to playground standard in a heartbeat. If you took all the moments where he looks like he's never seen a ball before and the injuries out of his game he'd be one of the best players in the world. Unfortunately you can't.

Leaves with no ill will though, he did some fabulous things in a Villa shirt. Thanks for you efforts and good luck.

How is this still a thing? Featured in 36 league games in 2020-21. Got injured when Deano was still in charge and barely featured after that for SG, who clearly doesn't rate him

Edited by a-k
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s a shame we didn’t see that sort of thing more often. As many have said he lacked consistency, often from one minute to another.  Best of luck to him. 

Not sure I agree… the guy had injury troubles (including groin surgery). Last season was a write off due to injury. I don’t blame him.

He was a complete entertainer when he got to play, for me he was excellent in lockdown season and improved us as a side. Superb technical quality.

Feel he gets a lot of unwarranted criticism. But oh well, looks like he’s being moved on.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not sure I agree… the guy had injury troubles (including groin surgery). Last season was a write off due to injury. I don’t blame him.

He was a complete entertainer when he got to play, for me he was excellent in lockdown season and improved us as a side. Superb technical quality.

Feel he gets a lot of unwarranted criticism. But oh well, looks like he’s being moved on.

Well yes of course there’s been reasons why he’s been inconsistent, no doubt injuries haven’t helped him at all. People are often too quick to criticise and often criticise without knowing the I’ll facts. Which none of us rarely have. 

34 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He wouldn’t play a minute under SG so a loan is at least better than paying him to train with the kids.

Wonderful player (in small portions)

Match winner. Mercurial. 5 subs. Bags of skill and ability.

Makes sense he's out the door for buttons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Frustrating as he is, he's that one sub you want on the bench to try something crazy.

Yep, he can be total garbage at times and refuses to use the overlap for anything other than ignoring and cutting inside but in a tight game with 15 left to go, putting him on,  he can make a difference.

Hopefully a loan fee plus wages paid for this one. 

I expect 3 more to leave before the window closes.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

One saved us hundreds of millions by scoring the goals for keeping us up

Another was one of the most entertaining to play for Villa in the last 20 years with a good return helping us to our highest position in a decade

Who did you expect us to sign Messi and Ronaldo?

Well i expected us not to sell either at a loss. But both for me is poor.  Trez scored some important goals that i wont argue but he was a flop just like traore has been. 

Add that to 22m wesley 10m samatta it all adds up thats close to 60m wasted

Edited by Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Why isn't this guy getting more interest? Easily good enough for plenty of PL teams.

It is weird, Trez, El Ghazi and Traore are good enough for a position at a low level Premier League team.  Surprised no-one wanted to buy any any of the three for say £5m.

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He has a book value of about £8mil left. So taking a small loss in that probably ok as we save on wages 

Can't remember how you work this out but surely a 14 goal contribution PL season since joining should have put his current value a bit above £8m.

Â