Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

He’s had a wasted season no doubt about it but he’s certainly not a finished player.

His career with us may end this summer but he’s only 26 and has some really good pedigree across Europe already.  If we do try and sell him in the next few months, we’ll probably lose money on our approx 17m outlay.

However, I’d still expect something around 10-12m or and this could be the best option, is loan him out to a decent European side and hope he plays regular games. Get his value up again.

We could still make a profit on Bert, it’s just being clever with our sales pitch. Whether we do or don’t though, I can’t see him being part of our squad next season.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

He’s had a wasted season no doubt about it but he’s certainly not a finished player.

His career with us may end this summer but he’s only 26 and has some really good pedigree across Europe already.  If we do try and sell him in the next few months, we’ll probably lose money on our approx 17m outlay.

However, I’d still expect something around 10-12m or and this could be the best option, is loan him out to a decent European side and hope he plays regular games. Get his value up again.

We could still make a profit on Bert, it’s just being clever with our sales pitch. Weather we do or don’t though, I can’t see him being part of our squad next season.

I'd be really disappointed if we sold him for £10-12m on the back of him being injured all season. We'd be better off getting him fit and giving him a chance next season, it's not like he has a long injury record prior to this year and we'd be selling him at his absolute rock bottom lowest possible value. 

If it's £10m or nothing then either keep him or loan him somewhere where he'll get regular games and up his value a bit like Mings with us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Villa in wasting tens of millions on a finished player shocker

It's the Villa way lol! Think we sign players to keep the physios in a job. 

8 minutes ago, weedman said:

I'd be really disappointed if we sold him for £10-12m on the back of him being injured all season. We'd be better off getting him fit and giving him a chance next season, it's not like he has a long injury record prior to this year and we'd be selling him at his absolute rock bottom lowest possible value. 

If it's £10m or nothing then either keep him or loan him somewhere where he'll get regular games and up his value a bit like Mings with us 

Unfortunately, I don't think Gerrard is a fan :( He'd rather subject us to watching the likes of McGinn every week than a trickster like Traore.

Aside from his obvious injury issues, he's been a victim of the fact that we bought too many wingers/AM types. He was unlikely to get the nod over Buendia, Bailey, Coutinho and even Ings when fit. Crazy that some people thought we still needed to purchase even more wingers.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

how dare a footballer get injured. I suppose you were the same to Laursen when he was injured

His fitness is poor, and he is a weakling. Last season he didnt fancy it i cant remember which game it was but he was getting knocked about it and requested to come off. 

Too unreliable and i jury prone

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Last season he didnt fancy it i cant remember which game it was but he was getting knocked about it and requested to come off.

I doubt that happened unless he was injured.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

His fitness is poor, and he is a weakling. Last season he didnt fancy it i cant remember which game it was but he was getting knocked about it and requested to come off. 

36 games last season and was subbed off early once when he ran into a barrier vs Newcastle 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Aside from his obvious injury issues, he's been a victim of the fact that we bought too many wingers/AM types. He was unlikely to get the nod over Buendia, Bailey, Coutinho and even Ings when fit. Crazy that some people thought we still needed to purchase even more wingers.

We bought two more right sided attackers (Buendia, Bailey) when we lost a left sided attacker, who was also our best player. The madness was two fold in overstocking the right side of attack while completely neglecting the left, so I think we did need to buy more attackers...we just bought them in the wrong position. Maybe three fold when Ings is included...prioritising another striker over our biggest glaring gap. It's a mistake that cost Smith his job and has the club wasting millions on superfluous players.

(Admittedly Traore and Bailey have been injured a lot, so clearly some depth on the right has been necessary!)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How many this year? Seemed to have been okay in the AFCON

Tbf he was struggling for fitness during it. And he'd have a few more league apps if Gerrard gave him a chance.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Still love him though. 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Unfortunately, I don't think Gerrard is a fan :( He'd rather subject us to watching the likes of McGinn every week than a trickster like Traore.

I agree. Our games would be much more entertaining if we played Traore as a CM.

Couldn’t be any worse than McGinn half the time anyway.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

36 games last season and was subbed off early once when he ran into a barrier vs Newcastle 

Think he actually fractured a rib there as well, he was having a good game in that one too if I remember correctly.

• Like 2

I'd be really surprised if we could get £10m for him.

Really foolish signing. Could have got him for £6-10m IMO. If we couldn't, walking away and buying and actual £20m winger would have been much more worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not what you said though before. You were proven wrong then changed the narrative 

Havent been provden wrong you gave one example, he was subbed more than once due to a injury

Just like you never answered my question why i asked you have many game he played this year? 

Â