Playstation 5

villarule123

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How old is he?

I'd be tempted to open it all up before Xmas and set it up for him, if it's a bundle then fifa might be a digital download which will take a few hours, he'll spend Xmas morning punching in account details and downloading stuff - before playing the excellent astro bot

You could also take the skywalker saga to cex and trade it for something else if you wanted but I think it's a decent game

He’s 11 years old. We’ve just picked up the bundle and probably save it for Christmas Day so he’s got something to open. We may buy him a couple of extra games as well.  Expensive stuff this gaming malarkey. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

He’s 11 years old. We’ve just picked up the bundle and probably save it for Christmas Day so he’s got something to open. We may buy him a couple of extra games as well.  Expensive stuff this gaming malarkey. 

I meant you open it, download everything and set it all up for him then Re seal it and wrap it!

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Slim model announced. It's good that I held off for this. Typically the slim models end up being the most reliable years down the line. 

Can honestly say I've never had a problem with any of if the PlayStation's I've had. Hopefully that's not the kiss of death for the PS5!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Can honestly say I've never had a problem with any of if the PlayStation's I've had. Hopefully that's not the kiss of death for the PS5!

Yep, can't say I've had any problems across the various models.

The Xbox 360 on the other hand...

Mid October games

• Disco Elysium
  • Gotham Knights
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Dead Island Definitive Edition
  • Outlast 2
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Far: Changing Tides
  • Gungrave G.O.R.E.
  • Eldest Souls
  • Röki
  •  
  • PLAY DISCO ELYSIUM!!
  •  

On 10/10/2023 at 20:22, Keyblade said:

Slim model announced. It's good that I held off for this. Typically the slim models end up being the most reliable years down the line. 

It’s not really a slim model. Its basically the same current digital version with an attachable drive or the current drive version with a detachable drive (depending how you look at it).

Edited by ender4

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It’s not really a slim model. Its basically the same current digital version with an attachable drive or the current drive version with a detachable drive (depending how you look at it).

Aren't there 2 versions? Disc and digital, but the digital can be expanded to include the drive. They're claiming it's smaller and slimmer, and it is slightly visually different (the line going through the middle for tb example). Also comes with a horizontal stand now.

Spider-Man 2 reviewing very well.

Basically more of the formula they started in 2018 and perfected with the Miles Morales spin off. More map, more detail, more 'graphics', more variety, gameplay tweaks and developments. Instant switching between Parker and Morales, more variety to the combat and skills, mixing up the traversal with the web wings (...hmm).

Looks superb.

Now all they need to do is not **** up the narrative details, give me the classic symbiote suit, and keep the shitty spider legs thing locked away.

On 11/10/2023 at 21:12, Keyblade said:

Aren't there 2 versions? Disc and digital, but the digital can be expanded to include the drive. They're claiming it's smaller and slimmer, and it is slightly visually different (the line going through the middle for tb example). Also comes with a horizontal stand now.

Yes my bad, even when you add the optional external HDD it is still 20-30% smaller than the current disc version. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 21:00, villa4europe said:

Mid October games

• Disco Elysium
  • Gotham Knights
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Dead Island Definitive Edition
  • Outlast 2
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Far: Changing Tides
  • Gungrave G.O.R.E.
  • Eldest Souls
  • Röki
  •  
  • PLAY DISCO ELYSIUM!!
  •  

The quality of the games on Extra have started to feel poor the last couple of months compared to last year. Could do with a really big month for November.

With AC Mirage out, i wouldn't mind AC Valhalla returning. 

Or something like Cyberpunk 2077 which is now almost 3 years old. 

I guess still too early for God of War Ragnarok?

I looked for my library and cyberpunk last night thinking it had been done before but unfortunately not, I think the wave of resurgence means it won't happen

Game pass has dead space this month so that's a start...

They need to do something with the last of us 2, like you say GoW, maybe GT7 but I've done that, not sure what they have after that, as I sit and play miles morales and I downloaded days gone last night I'll say "I don't use it enough" it's a weird service

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I looked for my library and cyberpunk last night thinking it had been done before but unfortunately not, I think the wave of resurgence means it won't happen

Game pass has dead space this month so that's a start...

They need to do something with the last of us 2, like you say GoW, maybe GT7 but I've done that, not sure what they have after that, as I sit and play miles morales and I downloaded days gone last night I'll say "I don't use it enough" it's a weird service

Days Gone is really good once you get through the initial getting used to the motorbike.

But yes as it stands Game Pass > PS Plus Extra

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Psn games for November are mafia 2, aliens fireteam and a dragon ball z game

Shite

I'm sure they've done the mafia trilogy before so just number 2 now is crap, well worth the price increase

It was Mafia 1 last time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

It was Mafia 1 last time.

Mafia 3 was done years ago too?

I've played 1 and 3, 1 was good but missed the whole open world living city thing, 3 was good but the mission structure was repetitive and boring, it's a shame as they're close to being great they just miss something, not sure I can be bothered with 2

Theres also a psn sale on, the best I've seen so far is watch dog legions down to £8 but I'm guessing that'll be on psn+ soon

• Like 1

My ps+ extra subscription runs out in a month. If I downgrade to essential do I lose the games I've previously added to my library? Also has anyone seen any better prices than the one quoted on the store?

Â